SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 29-03-14, 08:35 PM   #81
aarond

Default go pro or buy something else?

Why did you decide on the left side mounting?

Got a gopro today trying to decide left or right side thinking right as my exhaust is on that side
Old 29-03-14, 08:38 PM   #82
Kenzie

Default Re: go pro or buy something else?

Not sure really. Just the way it went!
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-14, 03:22 AM   #83
aarond

Ha ha I think I'm
Going right hand side so can hear exhaust
Old 30-03-14, 05:01 AM   #84
aarond

Spent an hour so far trying to get the iphone/ iPad to see the camera but the camera is not coming up on the wifi list. Done software updates on the camera and still nothing
Old 30-03-14, 09:57 AM   #85
Kenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarond View Post
Spent an hour so far trying to get the iphone/ iPad to see the camera but the camera is not coming up on the wifi list. Done software updates on the camera and still nothing
I had trouble with this. I found it was because my phone was connected to my home wifi. Turn the wifi on on the camera and then using the wifi button on the camera, select go pro app on the menu. Go to your phone wifi and disconnect from your home wifi. Select your camera name from the wifi list then go to the app. You should be able to connect.

Last edited by Kenzie; 30-03-14 at 10:00 AM.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-14, 10:32 AM   #86
aarond

Unfortunately that isn't it the gopro doesn't show on the list of networks available at all. The remote also won't connect so far spent hours now trying
Old 30-03-14, 01:39 PM   #87
aarond

Finally got it... The name I have it was slightly more than 8 characters and the password had one capital in it and was more than 8 characters. Put them both to exactly 8 and can get it to work!

Just waiting for the mount to harden before I can go test
Old 21-06-14, 02:01 PM   #88
davss

I have a GoPro, which is excellent, but apparently not suitable for use as a dedicated dash cam. I was involved in an accident about two years ago (nothing serious). Police did attend and wrote a report stating I was not liable. Nevertheless the other party did not agree with this and sent a lawyer my way to demand over $20k to cover for the damages. It all ended well, but I could have saved myself a lot of time, phone calls, stress and so forth if I had my GoPro mounted at the time of the crash.