SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 24-04-21, 10:53 PM   #9471
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
I think it had a double meaning for some of the 'protestors'. Couldn't believe the sight of police vans on fire in Bristol, yobs sitting on top of police vans and one vandal casually walking up to a police van with a sheet of cardboard, setting fire to it and sliding it under the van.

I think those people weren't really involved in the cause and were just people taggig along wanting some aggro. It was made out to be widespread rioting in Bristol and it was one small contained area of one street. Not good all the same.
There were marches by the real protestors every day for about a week after and they were all totally peaceful.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-21, 06:43 AM   #9472
Seeker
Mega Poster

I find it incredibly ironic that the bill to stop protests that are noisy, seriously inconvenient or that cause "serious unease" was put forward by a woman (Priti Patel - the Home Secretary) who wouldn't be allowed to vote had it not been for the suffragette movement which was often noisy, inconvenient (and violent).

Whilst I'm not accusing the Tories of being fascist, it is standard fascist playbook to promote nationalism by rallying around the flag, discredit the press, stop protests and criticism of the ruling party. We do seem to be drifting in this direction imho.

Should protests be allowed - yes, should they turn violent or destructive - no, but we have criminal laws for that.
Old 25-04-21, 08:26 AM   #9473
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Second Covid19 jab yesterday. No reaction what ever to the first jab, but woke up this morning feeling decidedly under the weather.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-21, 08:53 AM   #9474
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
Second Covid19 jab yesterday. No reaction what ever to the first jab, but woke up this morning feeling decidedly under the weather.
I've heard that the second jab can have a bigger effect than the first. Hopefully it won't last long.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Old 25-04-21, 11:45 AM   #9475
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
A few years ago the apprentice turned up on an e-bike with easily detachable battery - like an aluminium oblong shape about 300mm long and 100 x 150mm. He used to bring it into office and charge it during the day. It was easy to carry and bike was less attractive to nick without it fitted.
My D-cycle Delight 8 battery is like that. Unfortunately it only lasted a year and I never got round to replacing it !
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-21, 11:51 AM   #9476
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
I think those people weren't really involved in the cause and were just people taggig along wanting some aggro. It was made out to be widespread rioting in Bristol and it was one small contained area of one street. Not good all the same.
There were marches by the real protestors every day for about a week after and they were all totally peaceful.
What surprises me about that is, in one small contained area of one street - why couldn't the police do something to stop it ?! Were they just standing and watching vans being set on fire ?
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-21, 03:40 PM   #9477
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
I've heard that the second jab can have a bigger effect than the first. Hopefully it won't last long.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
My American friend and his wife said they were knocked out for 36hrs after their second Astra Zenica jab
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-21, 03:48 PM   #9478
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
My American friend and his wife said they were knocked out for 36hrs after their second Astra Zenica jab
Had first AZ jab in mid-Feb and the day after felt a bit tired and headache for a couple of hours. Second AZ jab on 24th April, and still waiting for any reaction at all, feel fine. Maybe they just gave me a Placebo saline jab instead

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-21, 04:42 PM   #9479
Swin

I was told that with the AZ vaccine it's the first jab that plays you up (if it's going to), but with the Pfizer vaccine the follow up is the one that may cause a reaction.

Not sure how true this is but I felt rough after the first AZ jab, and my parents were fine after their first Pfizer jab - guess we'll find out after we all have had our second jab
Old 26-04-21, 05:48 PM   #9480
daktulos

I had the AZ vaccine last Monday, and was up all night with chills and a temperature. It took me out for about 24 hours, but mostly because of the lack of sleep.

My gripe - my second vaccination slot was cancelled as apparently I didn't turn up for the first.

Last edited by daktulos; 26-04-21 at 05:53 PM.
daktulos is offline   Reply With Quote