SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 27-09-07, 09:45 PM   #1
kitaco kid

Default 2001 naked

Y reg 2001 naked, genuine 5300 miles in absoulutely immaculate condition,totally standard ,burgundy colour, with colour matching hugger and paddock stand ,it's on a sorn,viewing/inspection recomended,will try and post some pictures soon, the bike is in the north west(st helens) £1800 ono tel 07910667656
Dave

Last edited by kitaco kid; 30-09-07 at 10:06 AM.
Old 29-09-07, 01:39 AM   #2
plowsie

Default Re: 2001 naked

Not trying to annoy you or anything mate, but IMO the price is too high. Yes it has a good mileage on it...buttttt.... the bike is sorn, you need to state for how long, cos then its been rotting away wherever you keep it(joking on that).

I bought my mint 99 SVS for £1800 and it has had a fair few mods on it compared to yours (see sig). I know there arent many miles. It may kieep your price up for a while.

Pictures and a few more details may help...Tyres running(do they need changing), last time spark plugs, oil, air filters were changed. Service history receipts, assuming there wont be too many of those.

Been silly here but doesnt the bike been Sorn mean that it hasnt had an MOT, if it doesnt mean that then put how long is left till that runs out.

Also add to factor that winter is around the corner bikes arent as popular with some, and even i noticed last year how prices drop through winter.

Maybe stick it on ebay, you may get what you want on there. Like i say its all strictly IMO, you can read this and think watta c0ck but i'm only advising and trying to help ya mate.

Upload some pics too.

Plowsie

Edit: Someone will come along and tell me i was talking rubbish in a sec too lol.
Old 29-09-07, 02:42 AM   #3
stewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowsie View Post
Not trying to annoy you or anything mate, but IMO the price is too high. Yes it has a good mileage on it...buttttt.... the bike is sorn, you need to state for how long, cos then its been rotting away wherever you keep it(joking on that).

I bought my mint 99 SVS for £1800 and it has had a fair few mods on it compared to yours (see sig). I know there arent many miles. It may kieep your price up for a while.

Pictures and a few more details may help...Tyres running(do they need changing), last time spark plugs, oil, air filters were changed. Service history receipts, assuming there wont be too many of those.

Been silly here but doesnt the bike been Sorn mean that it hasnt had an MOT, if it doesnt mean that then put how long is left till that runs out.

Also add to factor that winter is around the corner bikes arent as popular with some, and even i noticed last year how prices drop through winter.

Maybe stick it on ebay, you may get what you want on there. Like i say its all strictly IMO, you can read this and think watta c0ck but i'm only advising and trying to help ya mate.

Upload some pics too.

Plowsie

Edit: Someone will come along and tell me i was talking rubbish in a sec too lol.
You,re talking rubbish mate (plowsie that is, not you ), does seem a bit pricey though get some pics on as well,can only help

Last edited by stewie; 29-09-07 at 02:44 AM.
Old 29-09-07, 02:46 AM   #4
stewie

Better idea, put it back on the road and join the border patrol, you know it makes sense
Old 29-09-07, 06:39 PM   #5
kitaco kid

I Did'nt ask for your opinion or advice so keep it to your self
Old 29-09-07, 06:57 PM   #6
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitaco kid View Post
I Did'nt ask for your opinion or advice so keep it to your self
no you did'nt, but the people were only trying to help you sell your bike, which IMO is atleast £500 overpriced but you did not ask for my opinion or any advice, so you can have that bit of advice for free

5000 miles on a 7 year old bike? & sorn? has it been sat in the garage for the last 5 years?

has it any MOT?

ps. welcome to the madhouse

Last edited by hovis; 30-09-07 at 09:38 AM.
Old 29-09-07, 07:09 PM   #7
kitaco kid

What is it with you people,if your not interested in the bike then keep quite! as for over priced parkers price guide £1770, have a look in autotrader at there prices, two for sale on this forum,take a look one a 2002 with 28k miles for £1795,a 2001 with 19k miles for £1950 did you tell them they were over priced no so £500 over priced get real
Old 29-09-07, 10:22 PM   #8
plowsie

ok where ya live whats ya name and ill bring the big stick for ya!

TBH mate we are only trying to help, and looks like you've registered for the site to sell ya bike, which is fair enough, but you are talking to people who HAVE WATCHED bikes go on here in better nick and newer models for less. But hey keep it up, keep p1ssin other users off and with any chance someone will love to buy your bike.

HTH

Last edited by plowsie; 29-09-07 at 10:24 PM.
Old 30-09-07, 09:20 AM   #9
markmoto

me thinks you could have that bike for some time fella....
Old 30-09-07, 09:28 AM   #10
Keith1983

Why not stick it on ebay and let the poeple decide how much it's worth? Fabtastic Idea methinks!