SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Guildford Massive For the Guildford Guys N Girls.

Old 05-05-10, 02:32 PM   #1
Chefums

Default Good news ... Great News ... Bad news...

Good News -
Got My battery back today fully Charged..... Fitted it but still nothin from the Engine...
Clutch Lever Arrived - Fitted that while fitting that found a cable unplugged plugged it in.

Removed broken, mirror and break resevoir (looks like the bracket is bent a little...)

Great News !!!!!!!!!!!!! My baby LIVES - Starts 1st time WOOOOOHOOOO (Maybe te cable near the Clutc lever or chaning the lever did something)

Bad News ... Firing only on 1 Cylinder. .... hmmmm
Decides to check Spark plugs .... a cup off coffee and 10 mins on google later ... Find 1st plug under tank ... Removes and tries to start it and nothing starts so replaces it and fires one cyclinder again. so it aint that plug.. back to google..... Finds 2nd plug in the most akward place ever under the front radiator .... The cap had come offand was dangling under the fairing... removed plug after 20 mins of ****ing about trying to remove the plug i spot a bolt to move the radiator forward checked it for damage and replaced still only firing on one cyliner but i think that is because it is full off unburnt fuel will wait till tomorrow and see if it dries out.... and try again .....

Wish me luck ... Will keep you upated ... hopefully my screen, brake resevoir and indicator will arrive tomorrow...

Dave
Old 05-05-10, 06:39 PM   #2
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

Default Re: Good news ... Great News ... Bad news...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefums View Post
Maybe te cable near the Clutc lever or chaning the lever did something)

Bad News ... Firing only on 1 Cylinder. .... hmmmm
Decides to check Spark plugs .... a cup off coffee and 10 mins on google later ... Find 1st plug under tank ... Removes and tries to start it and nothing starts so replaces it and fires one cyclinder again. so it aint that plug.. back to google..... Finds 2nd plug in the most akward place ever under the front radiator .... The cap had come offand was dangling under the fairing... removed plug after 20 mins of ****ing about trying to remove the plug i spot a bolt to move the radiator forward checked it for damage and replaced still only firing on one cyliner but i think that is because it is full off unburnt fuel will wait till tomorrow and see if it dries out.... and try again .....

Wish me luck ... Will keep you upated ... hopefully my screen, brake resevoir and indicator will arrive tomorrow...

Dave

That'll be the clutch cut out switch, I always bypass them as they can be right pain in the butt.

That front plug is a right pain to change isn't it
Old 05-05-10, 07:06 PM   #3
BBadger

Sounds like things are moving on pretty quick.
Defiantly sparking on the front plug ??
Old 05-05-10, 07:45 PM   #4
Chefums

Defo getting sparks on both plugs too em out and earthed them... then started them.... good spark on both .... we found a loose cable underneath..... Some one has told me possibly it could be a carb float problem.... my boss thinks it is the loose wire underneath.... I am unsure...

Dave

Last edited by Chefums; 05-05-10 at 07:46 PM.
Old 05-05-10, 07:55 PM   #5
BBadger

hmm if your getting a spark and fuel it could be firing but like you said could just be flooded/ flooding but i know bugger all about carbs.
Old 05-05-10, 09:04 PM   #6
Chefums

Problem SOLVED .......
The bloody choke was jammed on Due to me not having a bloody choke switch.. Which was flooding the plug .. The relevent part will be here tomorrow... how much off a **** do i feel........

Last edited by Chefums; 05-05-10 at 09:21 PM.
Old 06-05-10, 08:55 AM   #7
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefums View Post
Problem SOLVED .......
The bloody choke was jammed on Due to me not having a bloody choke switch.. Which was flooding the plug .. The relevent part will be here tomorrow... how much off a **** do i feel........

Lol, we've all done something like that. I spent about 10 mins the other day checking all the fuses and connections as mine wouldn't start only to then realise the the kill switch was off
Old 06-05-10, 03:56 PM   #8
Chefums

LoL ..... no Ihave done that..... Well rebuild s going leap and bounds didnt realise how easy bike maintanence is lol.... got new rear indicators on.... new front brake resevoir on had fun bleedig the brakes...all I need is the rest off my bits to arrive in the post tomorrow...

Ohhh and dont suppose anyone has a charger they could drop by if passing My battery has gone again from when I ket starting engine yesterday to try and fix the choke problem...

Dave
Old 06-05-10, 07:52 PM   #9
BBadger

Sounds like you dont need to much help after all....nothing to be scared of see!
If you really want to get it going jump leads perhaps?
Old 06-05-10, 10:40 PM   #10
Chefums

Considered this but no bugger hs a set off leads badger lol ..............

Just my luck