SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

View Poll Results: Cyclists 2 abreast on busy country roads (see post)?
Absolutely fine. 14 56.00%
Inconsiderate. 11 44.00%
keth d . Everyone dies. 0 0%
Keith double D I cocked up the poll 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-06-20, 07:34 PM   #11
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Cyclists riding 2 abreast on busy country roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffy View Post
As it happens this gets my goat too.

Sadly there's a large proportion of the motorised population that think that cyclists should be off the road
i dont think they should be off the road i think they should be more aware and courteous. FTR i have nothing against cyclists.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-20, 07:43 PM   #12
Chris_SVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
yes but so do the majority so what makes the minority think they have more.. its like voting, the majority wins.

there is no licence to ride a pushbike but due to this lycra clad asswipes think the highway code does not apply to them. ermm yes it does. and when they make mistakes they blame it on everyone else but themselves. its this attitude that really ****es me off. BTW its the same for bikers who crash their bike due to them making mistakes.. asswipes.

if a cyclist was to cut right in front of me when i'm driving my car I GET THE BLAME and possibly loosing my licence for them not paying attention. never mind the uninsured damage to my car.

the large majority of lycra clad cyclists are asswipes who think they have are gods given. this is through experience of the attitude when telling them they are in the wrong. no sorry just usually a furk off.
I don't know any cyclists who think anything of the sort. All of the adults are also drivers, some like me also motorcyclists.

Gotta love some irrational bitterness though.. You're doing a sterling job.
Chris_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-20, 07:52 PM   #13
Bibio
Mega Poster

so how come ever single one of the lycra clad cyclists i have told them they are in the wrong give the finger?

maybe the attitude in Ireland is different but the large majority of tour de frogs lycra clad wannabe's i have met bar the odd few have had a serious furking attitude toward other road users even though most of them drive their car to then go cycling which always amuses me.

i dont have any time of day for 'bubble' people.
Old 01-06-20, 07:58 PM   #14
Chris_SVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
so how come ever single one of the lycra clad cyclists i have told them they are in the wrong give the finger?

maybe the attitude in Ireland is different but the large majority of tour de frogs lycra clad wannabe's i have met bar the odd few have had a serious furking attitude toward other road users even though most of them drive their car to then go cycling which always amuses me.

i dont have any time of day for 'bubble' people.
From what I've seen in the past few posts, your own ****ty attitude is quite likely the reason they flip you the digit.

Why do you emphasise the clothing material so much?

Last edited by Chris_SVS; 01-06-20 at 07:59 PM.
Old 01-06-20, 08:06 PM   #15
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_SVS View Post
From what I've seen in the past few posts, your own ****ty attitude is quite likely the reason they flip you the digit.

Why do you emphasise the clothing material so much?
people dont like to be told they are wrong.. it takes a better person to admit they are in the wrong.

i dont have shizzy attitude. ask pretty much any orger that has met me.

i would like to think i have a pretty good attitude towards my fellow humans. as i said i dont like people that wont take the blame for their mistakes as i will be the first to put my hand up if i'm in the wrong so i expect it from others.
Old 01-06-20, 08:12 PM   #16
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Oooh poll is 50/50
Being surrounded by cyclists at home and knowing their view on this I was surprised so many think differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_SVS View Post
Non issue for the cycling portion of the example, the solid whites are there for a reason, usually signposted.

But let me reverse the example, you're approaching the bend, signage indicates a sharp deviation to the left and is backed up with solid whites in both directions. The riders** are further through the bend than your vision, have you slowed and selected an appropriate gear?

**The example is cyclists but the "conflict" you're barrelling into at 60mph could be anything from a tractor exiting a field, to horses, to a previous RTC.
As mentioned in the question; I appreciate we are all taught not to blindly run into situations, however those with lower hazard perception or those who just don't care will and do, do this. Not to mention horses/tractors etc are like that by design/necessity and a cyclist chooses to cycle next to their mate to increase their slow moving mass for no reason I can comprehend.

I think you think my grievance with this scenario is that I am travelling in the same direction as the cyclists and am upset that I have to apply my brakes, it is not - i'm concerned about the number of times I've had to deviate my path sharply because cars (and lorries!) avoiding cyclists doing this have swerved dangerously into my lane.
And before you say, adjust your road positioning from the crest when rounding blind bends - I do. But couple the above bad driving arising from a needless (imo) situation with a new rider and you get something like this. Or a car that has no where to move in fact.

In my mind it's a bit like riding your motorbike and turning right and taking a central or left positioning for the turn and stopping traffic. You CAN do it but you really shouldn't increase your chance of a rear shunt like that. Or even simply, if you didn't HAVE to wear a helmet you can express your right USA style all you like but I probably wouldn't do it and it's a terrible mess for everyone to clean up.
Old 01-06-20, 08:12 PM   #17
Chris_SVS

You've repeatedly referred to cyclists as asswipes, kurnts, furkers and suggested they should be shot.
Old 01-06-20, 08:18 PM   #18
Bibio
Mega Poster

you forgot the lycra.... most everyday cyclists are fine. its the tour de frog wanabeezzz that are the biggest problem. we are plagued with them every summer in the borders, they even get the privilege of having roads closed for their little bum chum get togethers. why should they get special privileges when the rest of the public cant.
Old 01-06-20, 08:19 PM   #19
Dave20046
Mega Poster

I'll vouch for Bibio's frank approach but deep down loveliness. He's pretty balanced but will tell you when you;re being a p**** and most times he's done that to me he's proved to be wiser - and I'm not sure saying that because he's definitely right on this matter. Although not seen him since before the big operation so they could have removed some vital parts.

Re. lycra - for me it's just banter , the same as when I'm talking about myself on a motorbike I'll refer to leather clad gimpyness . For me it's intended to lighten the atmosphere - appreciate it may not come off that way on the net!
Old 01-06-20, 08:19 PM   #20
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
Oooh poll is 50/50
Being surrounded by cyclists at home and knowing their view on this I was surprised so many think differently.
not voted yet.. lol