SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 09-01-14, 08:20 PM   #11
chris8886
Mega Poster

Default Re: MOT - Lloyd Motorcycles Watford?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikon70 View Post
thanks chris

no worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattyfred89 View Post
I don't rate lloyd coopers.
I live in watford and I go to Moores of Apsley for MOT and tyre changes
If I do need any servicing that I can't do myself I go Ford and Ellis in Chesham....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

why's that fred?

I know of ford n ellis in Chesham, think I might've been there once too, what are they like? they're specific Suzuki dealer, whereas Lloyd cooper no longer are, they're Kawasaki specific these days. but can still get parts for you from Suzuki. and I can't say I've heard of moores in apsley.
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-14, 08:19 AM   #12
wattyfred89

Default MOT - Lloyd Motorcycles Watford?

Lloyd coopers are so busy they can't give you any decent customer service. Everything takes so long, they never call you when your parts arrive. They leave your dads rear wheel nut hand tight and nearly kill him hahaha (true story)

Moores of Apsley is a small little yamaha dealers between here and hemel, they do ride in MOTs without a appointment, there always happy to help and if you spring a loose wheel on them for tyre change they can just sqweeze it in and do it while you wait, and cheaper than lloyds.

Ford and ellis.....yeah well they used to have a good mechanic....but the new guy seems good too....you can actually chat to him about the bike, friendly, not so busy. Pauls worked there for ages and always helps you out.... He gave me some fairing fasteners for free once just because he kept some off a old bike because he thought they may come in handy.....and its a nice ride out there
wattyfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-14, 08:46 AM   #13
nikon70

Default MOT - Lloyd Motorcycles Watford?

Good reviews, address or website?

Main reason I go to Lloyd's is courtesy bike and I work in Watford so drop off in morning collect on way home...

Prices I find semi reasonable