SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 31-01-12, 10:33 PM   #1
-Ralph-

Default -Ralphs- Range of protective motorcycle gear for kids

Couldn't find a bike jacket for a 4 year old anywhere, that had armour or even foam inserts, and separate motocross armoured vests were all £50 quid.

I knew that foam back protector that came in my textile jacket would come in handy one day. Quick lash up with an old T'shirt that's slightly too small, a pair of scissors, and a sewing machine, and hey presto....

Elbow & chest protection to be added tomorrow after I've had a chance to try it on him and figure out exactly where the next lot of foam should go.

What do you think it should retail at? £29.99? Think I'll get CE approval for PPE?

(he doesn't really need much, not like he'll be zipping round an MX track on his own, he'll be jammed between my knees sitting on a quad and taking it very steady, but that said, he did manage to fall off a kitchen chair this evening)

Last edited by -Ralph-; 31-01-12 at 10:36 PM.
Old 01-02-12, 08:41 AM   #2
Fallout
Mega Poster

Default Re: -Ralphs- Range of protective motorcycle gear for kids

I love a bit of DIY! Good work mate. I had some fox armour which I bought for cheap off ebay years ago, but it was too small. It fit around my chest, but too short in the arms. So I just cut the arms off and sewed the elbow protection into a separate t-shirt.

Are you gonna do anything about his knobbly kiddie knees? I think upper body is more important, but can we expect to see some tracky bottoms with coconuts sewed into the knee area?
Fallout Breakbeat (My Music)
Fallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-12, 10:42 AM   #3
missyburd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
Are you gonna do anything about his knobbly kiddie knees? I think upper body is more important, but can we expect to see some tracky bottoms with coconuts sewed into the knee area?
Can't you get knee and elbow armour for kiddies that rollerblade? Or just cycling armour?

Good job Col, nice to see a bloke getting familiar with his sewing machine
Old 01-02-12, 10:59 AM   #4
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

Did you try babybiker.com?

Don't let the name fool you - they do plenty of kit for older kids too !