SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 26-08-11, 11:13 AM   #11
Preston

Default Re: today the 25th

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsam View Post
Well the weather is brilliant today! Was wandering if anybody fancys riding up to the raven cafe at preece for what used to be the stormy petrol meet, im sure if it stays like this, the turn out will be preety big. Might start at the ponderosa and make our way across? Any body fancy it? What times are good for you guys?

most know this as " The Midway Truck Stop " its Every thursday ( weather permitting) not as good as SP was but still get a good turn out on a nice day. Most people get there from 6:30 - 8 in the summer as the nights get darker i would try and get there for 6 - 6:30 if you wanna get a good turn out, most people start to leave around 7-7:30.

Warning: now more people are comming you get Speed cops close to ( on the by pass, And road going to the SP , and the road going to Wem)

Also: DO NOT PARK INFRONT OR BEHIND A HVG!!!! make shore they have room to get out as this is a Truck stop and i have seen many times trucks backing over bikes and crushing em. even one truck driving over 14! yes thats right 14 bikes to get out and tryed to fell the area. lucky one of the bikes was an unmarked copper, number of us went after him and then cop car got the F^%$er ..

Food in the cafe gets TOP MARKS! real nice and cheap losts of places to sit and TV! with moto gp, TT, or BSB's on

pluse new this year, FREE helmet clearing area ( ok its just a table with some window cleaner and some paper whipes ) but shows they care :P

Well if its dry am there ever week with the boys/girls. so if you wanna come down and your going though nantwich send me a PM, or if you need help finding the place ( very easy to find it ) just let me know

OH! p.s there is a petrol station next to it also. all it needs is a pub
Oh wait there is a pub also :P what more do you need? hehe

well as it was Crap on thursday nigth i didnt go, but fingers X for nexted week.

Last edited by Preston; 26-08-11 at 02:14 PM.
Old 26-08-11, 12:56 PM   #12
mister c
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston View Post
Food in teh cafe gets TOP MARKS! real nice and cheap losts of places to sit and TV! with moto gp, TT, or BSB's on

pluse new this year, FREE helmet clearing area ( ok its just a table with some window cleaner and some paper whipes ) but shows they care :P
It's not a case of caring. When you have 100s of bikers spending their hard earned in your shop, you will do anything to keep them there
There is an Indian next door & across the road too
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-11, 02:13 PM   #13
Preston

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister c View Post
It's not a case of caring. When you have 100s of bikers spending their hard earned in your shop, you will do anything to keep them there
There is an Indian next door & across the road too

haha forgot about the indians, not been in that one tho no idea if its ok or if you get the sh*^s for a week after eating in there lol..

i do like them at the truck stop tho ( well some of em, well some of the women are ok ), :P
and since there are 2 cafes not just one you dont have to wait long for something hehe