SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-07-07, 11:04 AM   #1
TheStudent

Default Crash Protectors

Had a bit of a search around and as far as i can tell, R&G ones are the only ones that are a straight fit with no modification to the fairing (01 Curvy), am i correct?

On the R&G Site, these are £60+, is there anywhere they can be gotten a bit cheaper besides watching eBay etc.

My 01 curvy is my first bike, will be riding it hopefully in a couple of weeks if i pass first time, you folks think bungs are worth the money then?

Thanks, Tom.
Old 05-07-07, 11:12 AM   #2
MiniMatt

Default Re: Crash Protectors

Worth it? Yep, 'fraid so. They don't make the bike invulnerable but they do a good job of protecting engine cases and radiators and the like in a low speed slide. Can make the difference between having to replace a couple of five quid levers and indicators versus bust radiator and scraped to buggery engine cases.
Old 05-07-07, 04:25 PM   #3
northwind
Mega Poster

The R&Gs are the only ones that fit without mods with lower fairings, that's right. I'd sooner mod the fairings and use different sliders, but it's likely I'm biased so you might want to disregard that
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-07, 05:47 PM   #4
rob13

R&Gs expensive, ugly but effective. DHMs are cheaper but i think there have been a few bad stories about them on here.
Old 05-07-07, 06:53 PM   #5
TheStudent

I thought this was gonna be a simple choice, lol.
Old 05-07-07, 06:57 PM   #6
LouLou

Quote:
Originally Posted by robchester View Post
R&Gs expensive, ugly but effective. DHMs are cheaper but i think there have been a few bad stories about them on here.
R&G's look like disability aids on my naked bike but at least they look like they'd protect the bits that count if I drop my bike...they seem pretty substantial but they definitely aren't sexy!!
Old 05-07-07, 07:35 PM   #7
TheStudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouLou View Post
R&G's look like disability aids on my naked bike but at least they look like they'd protect the bits that count if I drop my bike...they seem pretty substantial but they definitely aren't sexy!!
Well if i were to get different ones, i don't know what other brands there are, but what sort of modifications are necessary to the fairing?
Old 10-07-07, 10:41 AM   #8
TheStudent

Cheapest i can find R&G ones is £75 delivered. Anyone do better?
Old 10-07-07, 11:33 AM   #9
silver surfer

R&G Crash bungs on here for £70.00 Inc VAT and Del

www.motorcycle-road-and-race.co.uk
Old 10-07-07, 01:26 PM   #10
Lozzo

My nephew calls the R+G's on my Triumph "stabilisers" - cheeky sod. I pointed out that his mum had them on her CBR600 and she wouldn't take kindly to that sort of remark, then clouted him round the ear.