SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 13-07-14, 08:14 PM   #1
Leeb

Default Naked SV650 K5 - Cheap!

Blue 2005 model, with 46k miles, MOT & tax till end sept, lots of service history and receipts. Last service was at 41.5k.

This bike has been my commuter for over 5 years, used daily come rain or shine.

Extras, include, fuel exhaust, braided lines, rear hugger, belly pan, seat cowl, tail tidy, R&G crash protection and maybe other things I've probably forgotten about

The bike has been pretty much faultless throughout my ownership, apart from the usual stuff like tyres, battery, pads, etc, the only fault I've ever had with it was the ignition switch assembly, which was replaced in feb this year, but like I say, apart from this, the bike has never missed a beat. Oh apart from the rear indicator's, they are a bit temperamental, this week they are both working, but last week only the right side was

I spent quite a bit of money on it last sept to get it through the MOT, this included, service, new front discs & pads (OEM), new battery, new clutch cable & new rear tyre (I have PR3's fitted).

The bike is not mint by any means, but for it's age and mileage it's not bad at all. Although I've treated it with ACF-50 each winter there is the odd bits of rust on the metal, mainly bolts and brackets etc. The front forks are also a bit bubbly.

The only reason for sale is I fancy a change and have just bought a Hornet for my new commuter bike.

I'm looking for £1250 cash on collection, bike is located in Herts

Pics attached, which were taken today. If you have any questions feel free to ask
Attached Images
File Type: jpg leeb_sv_1.jpg (135.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg leeb_sv_2.jpg (136.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg leeb_sv_3.jpg (133.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg leeb_sv_4.jpg (134.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg leeb_sv_6.jpg (135.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 14-07-14, 03:01 PM   #2
Sweetthy

Default Re: Naked SV650 K5 - Cheap!

Sorry to hijack your topic, but I am also looking to get an hornet after riding an sv. Would love to get your opinion and feedback. Problem is I can not test ride one for the moment due to my knee still damaged.
Old 16-07-14, 08:59 AM   #3
Leeb

No Worries,

I've only had the Hornet a week, but so far I like it allot. Everything about it is just better quality than the SV, the brakes are better, so is the suspension, super smooth, it's really comfy, really easy to ride, handles great.

Does all this make it more fun to ride than the SV? Erm, not sure yet, too early to decide, I'll certainly miss the noise the SV makes that's for sure.
Old 16-07-14, 11:04 AM   #4
Sweetthy

Thanks for the reply, I will test ride one. But bottom line I want a bit more umph than the sv. I understand the difference between vtwin and inline 4 and I don't have an issue with reving the bike to get that power. I hope that make sense.
Old 16-07-14, 11:28 AM   #5
Leeb

The Hornet, definitely has more 'umph' than the SV
Old 16-07-14, 03:26 PM   #6
Markos_46

Hi mate - got a mate who is interested & wants to come and look/buy at the weekend, could you PM me your number so I can pass it on to him.

Cheers
Old 17-07-14, 07:04 PM   #7
Leeb

PM sent
Old 22-07-14, 05:38 AM   #8
Leeb

Bump
Old 22-07-14, 08:59 AM   #9
allantheboss

What's the postcode? Free for a viewing today?
Old 22-07-14, 09:09 AM   #10
Leeb

PM sent