SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 07-07-14, 08:36 PM   #21
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Default Re: Sunday 29th June accident

If you listed on your insurance they might ask for them back. But most likely it won't make any odds for what you are thinking.
Old 07-07-14, 09:03 PM   #22
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Not sure the street is a pillion friendly perch.looks like a Hornet then!
Old 07-07-14, 09:07 PM   #23
Sweetthy

Yeah looks like it. Otherwise do not know what to get. Must be 106bhp max ('cause I might move back to France and they have that stupid law!)
Wife love to pillion and she likes to be comfortable. And must be fun...

Any suggestion?
Old 07-07-14, 09:09 PM   #24
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Get her to do her test and get two Stripples
Old 11-07-14, 07:55 PM   #25
Sweetthy

Update:

Bike was picked up this morning, it is really hard to see it go. Good news is that I argued the valuation with the expert and I got a good price for the bike.

Visited the rvi mid week, the doctor feel that I might have ligament damages. Visited the physio today, he also think that I might have ligament damages - an MRI in the next week or so should confirmed that. If that's the case, I will have to have an operation to repair it.

So, after two weeks, I am still of work. Was informed that I will most likely have to have an operation, and that I won't be able to drive (a car) for at least three weeks - best case scenario. But that I won't be able to ride before end of august!!! Not to mentioned that I am getting married this august!! Wife to be not impressed that I might still use crutches!!!

All that for a guy who didn't see me! Open your eyes on the road bloody car drivers - there is other road users!!!

Quite alarming when the truck driver who picked my bike up today said that he was picking up loads of bikes over the summer - and that the physio said that he add loads of motorbike rider visiting him....

I want to ride!
Old 11-07-14, 08:04 PM   #26
NTECUK
Mega Poster

General figures also show that 48% of crashes between motorcycles and cars were the result of the car driver failing to look properly.
Failing to look properly was the most frequent cause of crashes for all vehicles except motorcycles. Motorcyclists were most likely to crash through ‘loss of control’ and also most likely to be the victim of someone else failing to look.
Old 18-08-14, 03:18 PM   #27
Sweetthy

Update

Well they have not accepted reliability within the 16 days, so now the lawyer is building the case. With the witness is just a matter of time I hope now.

Also, today I bought a new bike and brought it back from Edinburgh!!! Went for a Honda Hornet 2007 ABS, and god I like it - obviously very different than our beloved SV (in line 4 vs twin)

Great party cycle and gosh that engine on the right gear is pulling like mad!! Also received my new gear from Armr and so far so good - seems to be of great quality for the price. Time will tell..
Old 22-09-14, 08:58 AM   #28
Sweetthy

Update

Received the good news that the other party is taking full responsibility!

So now I have to wait until I can see a medical expert to value the injury - I have a appointment at the hospital Wednesday to get the result from my MRI. However according to the physiotherapist that I am seeing and doing re-education with my ligament are completely snapped or are holding by a thin thread....
Old 22-09-14, 02:33 PM   #29
Heorot

You should be due compensation for loss of earnings and a lump sum for the injury. There is a sliding scale depending on where the injury was and the extent of the damage. For a knee, between £4200 for a minor injury and £49,800 for major damage according to National Accident Helpline. Your insurers solicitor should know what to do.

Honda 125 CG blown engine Gone to the great mechanic in the sky
Naked SV650 K3 in Silver
Heorot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-14, 02:38 PM   #30
Sweetthy

Oh yeah fully aware of that plus other bits as well, like my wife will get paid for taking care of my and doing my chores. Etc.

I took White Dalton solicitors which have been brilliant so far.