SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 06-06-15, 01:23 PM   #111
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

ALL OF THEM. I dunno, weather looks good so some medium format for sure. My processing links:

http://www.peak-imaging.com/htmls/pr...tive_film.html
Various pages for the different services. After your first one they send you a little box and form to make posting easier, and they'll store your 120 negs digitally to make reprints easier. Seem good so far, the quality of my enlargments was good.

http://www.thefilmprocessors.co.uk/
More £££ but good

http://www.harrisoncameras.co.uk/Photo-Processing.htm
Not used them yet

I also used Max Spielmann (Klick) but it was printed on Bible paper, think it was cheaper than Jessops but took a week to come back

Clear as mud.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-15, 04:54 PM   #112
Kenzie

http://www.rollfilmprocessing.co.uk/

Will most likely take the Brownie (not the one I just acquired) the Holga Micro and the Trip 35. Not to mention the D3200/TZ35.

Last edited by Kenzie; 06-06-15 at 05:00 PM.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-15, 09:08 PM   #113
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzie View Post
http://www.rollfilmprocessing.co.uk/

Will most likely take the Brownie (not the one I just acquired) the Holga Micro and the Trip 35. Not to mention the D3200/TZ35.
I have the image of the Japanese tourist from Airplane 2 in my head now...

Thanks for the processing suggestions guys. Will see who in town has some film and pop a roll through to see if the P30 still works.
Old 06-06-15, 09:27 PM   #114
Kenzie

Try Poundland. They usually have AGFA 200 for you know how much. Also ASDA do 3x rolls of Fuji 35mm for £8.
Old 06-06-15, 09:44 PM   #115
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Damn that's good
Old 06-06-15, 10:00 PM   #116
Kenzie

Yeah, the Trip is loaded with Fuji. Will be good to see how it turns out.
Old 07-06-15, 03:43 PM   #117
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzie View Post
Try Poundland. They usually have AGFA 200 for you know how much. Also ASDA do 3x rolls of Fuji 35mm for £8.
Couldn't find any in my Poundland
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-15, 03:51 PM   #118
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
Couldn't find any in my Poundland
Just got back from HW town centre and the Poundland here does not have any Asda is a couple of miles away up a frikkin long and steep hill so I'll try there next time I'm using petrol power instead of pedal power. My local Jessops (v expensive for film! ) suggested I try Ilford XP2 for b+w as they can process it in house for about 8 quid process and scan. But this stuff is about 7 quid from eBay and I dont know yet if the P30 is still light proof.
Old 07-06-15, 08:29 PM   #119
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Just for a test roll you could just use colour and convert it in post processing i.e. photoshop. You don't get the same sort of range or fineness though. Check out 7dayshop if you haven't already. Meant to say the postal places I've used were no more than a week turnaround. My wife tried Poundland up here and no film either, I think it's a bit patchy, apparently if you're lucky you might get 36 instead of 24 exposure. Just depends what they can get I suppose. I got a good deal on some AA batteries from Klick, can't remember the price of film though, might be worth a call.
Old 11-06-15, 02:40 PM   #120
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Tried ringing Klick/Max Spielmann, wasn't cheap for film. I did however score the Agfaphoto from Poundland, the one in Doncaster town centre had a mountain of it (though none at all down the road in Worksop). 200 ISO, 24 exposures, dated March 2017. I did some poking around and it's basically the same Fuji C200 they are selling in Asda at 3/£8. Agfa are no more in film, it's just rebranded. No 4th colour layer but reviews say quite easy on the lowlights and good grain and colour, so will give it a go. I rang Poundland first to see if my trip was going to be worthwhile and the woman on the phone said they had it listed as 36mm film. God knows why but if you find yourself in the same situation then it might help you to know that!

I used the shutter speed tester on a few cameras, they are all running slow (but all are older than me), I think the problems with the Vitomatic are that it was set to the wrong ISO (the film was already in it), and the metering is a bit dark anyway, 1-1.5 stops. I need to check this out as against the Pocket Light Meter app it's almost fine but I reckon that on our ipad is underexposing most of a stop. Anyway all in I was shooting a couple of stops down or worse, and with only 5 from black to white on colour film there isn't that much wiggle room. Will give it another go with the Poundland film I reckon, at the very least I'm practising with fill-in flash settings; the joy of a leaf shutter, that you can set it to any speed you like for flash.