SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 21-12-06, 01:15 AM   #21
Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelster
My only comment is that if you think that gender transition will have NO effect on the young children in the family, especially those between say 8 and 13, then I really don't know what to say, without causing an incident on here, which I'm not prepared to do.

So trans people can't raise their own kids? I think they do a much better job of it than many so called "normal" parents.

Anyway, you're not a child psychologist so you may have an opinion but it's hardly an educated one.
Old 21-12-06, 10:12 AM   #22
rob13

but kids are very influential at a young age and could be confused with whats actually "normal"?
Old 21-12-06, 11:38 AM   #23
Razor

Being trans is just another variation of normal. I don't see your point.
Old 21-12-06, 11:55 AM   #24
Tomcat

What is normal? That is a question that as adults we can ask, and debate. But, as children should they have to consider it .... it is the possible teasing etc in school that is the issues. I suspect my ex-husband is gay... for me this is not an issue....but for my children it potentially could be. Even if they do not have issues with it their 'friends' may have, do we really want to put our children through more then they have to deal with in a 'normal' up bringing.

As I say, personally I don't care what people do, but believe me you can look it very differently when its close to home.

I understand being gay, and this transsexual thing is completely different, but its the 'normal' issue that I am commenting on. Didn't see the programe, don't care what any one does, DO CARE about my kids

Old 21-12-06, 01:23 PM   #25
Filipe M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat
What is normal?
"Normal" is nothing but a statistical concept.
Old 21-12-06, 04:29 PM   #26
Jelster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat
What is normal? That is a question that as adults we can ask, and debate. But, as children should they have to consider it .... it is the possible teasing etc in school that is the issues. I suspect my ex-husband is gay... for me this is not an issue....but for my children it potentially could be. Even if they do not have issues with it their 'friends' may have, do we really want to put our children through more then they have to deal with in a 'normal' up bringing.

As I say, personally I don't care what people do, but believe me you can look it very differently when its close to home.

I understand being gay, and this transsexual thing is completely different, but its the 'normal' issue that I am commenting on. Didn't see the programe, don't care what any one does, DO CARE about my kids

My point exactly... It may be fine that you wish to re-arrange your gender, not a problem with me. But what effect will it have on others in the family ?? If you have no kids, great, if you do, wait for them to be old enough to both cope and understand,

I'm not a child pshycologist, but I have been a child, so I have a pretty good idea about how they think, does that count ?

Old 21-12-06, 04:36 PM   #27
Tomcat

My point exactly... It may be fine that you wish to re-arrange your gender, not a problem with me. But what effect will it have on others in the family ?? If you have no kids, great, if you do, wait for them to be old enough to both cope and understand,

I'm not a child pshycologist, but I have been a child, so I have a pretty good idea about how they think, does that count ?

.[/quote]

Yer I say so ! My issue is not that of an adult.... but from my kids point of view they have to try and explain to their friends something that they don't understand, how can they, they don't know sexual relationships. They are happy with their dad, and his friend, but other kids (and kids families) will make joke and ridicule. I am happy to be proved wrong, but it just doesn't wash for me. They will grow up thinking that their childhood was 'normal', to find out that actually ?????
Old 21-12-06, 05:32 PM   #28
Razor

You don't have to have a trans or gay parent to grow up unhappy.
I KNOW kids who have either a trans or a gay parent and they don't seem bullied or maladjusted. Just happy typical kids really.
I also know kids from so called normal families who have serious emotional problems, trouble with the law and drugs. Face it, your parents can f**k you up no matter who they are.
Old 21-12-06, 09:57 PM   #29
northwind
Mega Poster

Plus, kids growing up with parents trying to live a lie and (to them) hiding who they really are, not a good solution. How many times have you seen parents "stay together for the kids", and it all to work out happily ever after? Usually they end up growing up in a battleground surrounded by depression and hatred. This could easily be more of the same.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-06, 10:08 PM   #30
philipMac

But Jesus Northwind... I mean, they might catch The Gayness of their folks if this sort of thing was allowed.

Think about it. Seriously.