SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 01-06-07, 01:07 PM   #1
northwind
Mega Poster

Default Annual Rideout thread

I know we've already had one of these, but we're getting close now. I've just booked myself in from the Thursday to the sunday nights, but I might not be going down til the friday, just booked the extra night just in case. It's not massively far away really but always better to travel in company I reckon, you can all help pick my bike up

I've also got a spare set of throwover panniers, good Oxford ones with waterproof covers, if anyone needs them. And I might have a tailpack I can lend out too, again a big Oxford Lifetime one. And also, probably a decent Eurohike tent, in a tasteful union jack pattern (only bought it because I'd ripped the bag for my own tent, honest!)

If anyone's swithering about going, you should, it'll be ace.

(edit- also dawns on me I should have a pair of Renntec Sportsracks for the curvy which I can lend out, as I've got other plans- these are ace for carrying stuff like tents, they're no good for weight but they're brilliant for light, bulky stuff. ALso good bungee points. With a tailpack on the back seat and the tent and a mat across the back, it's all dead easy.)
But we're oh so easily swayed"

Last edited by northwind; 20-06-07 at 05:59 PM.
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-07, 01:20 PM   #2
on yer bike

Default Re: Annual Rideout thread

I've booked in for the friday & sat nights, so can join up with ppl on the way down, but It looks like I may be heading south after, so will prob try and find other people to follow heading in that general direction. (& hopefully able to 'borrow' my dads gps, just incase I get stuck)

on yer bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-07, 03:08 PM   #3
kitkat

i was booked then cancelled and considering re booking again. will be travelling down fri night though as I am working that day and have to take kids to perth before starting journey or maybe leave early saturday morning and stay one night.
Old 02-06-07, 08:01 AM   #4
Blue Flame
Mega Poster

I a booked in for the Friday and Saturday nights but I have also arranged the Thursday/Friday and Monday/Tuesday off work so i am pretty flexible as well about when to go down etc.

Previous >> K3 SV650S - Candy Copper;Lower Fairing Set;Fender Extender; Powerbronze Screen; HEL Braided Lines;
Blue Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-07, 10:55 PM   #5
on yer bike

Right I tried posting in the other annual rideout topic, but the forum went Rat Rsed* earlier and now it seems to have disapeared from the face of the web,

Anyway was just wondering who else was heading down and when? also if anyone was going with 4 wheels rather than 2? (yes I am trying to blag tent transportation here, lol... theres a couple of beers in it for ya!)

*technical term found in the dictionary

Last edited by on yer bike; 10-06-07 at 05:47 PM.
on yer bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-07, 06:27 AM   #6
SVTONYB

Quote:
Originally Posted by on yer bike View Post
Right I tried posting in the other annual rideout topic, but the forum went Rat Rsed* earlier and now it seems to have disapeared from the face of the web,

*technical term found in the dictionary
It happened here as well, posts were going to the start of the thread and the thread was dissapearing from the list
Old 09-06-07, 09:44 PM   #7
kitkat

there was some mention on the main AR07 bit about someones wife coming along in the car and will go to supermarket to get beer orders. tara and falc did it last year for us. saying that there was a pub on site last year. so when it got too cold round the bbq we were able to move to the warmer pub and help the locals play dominoes and insult the younger members of the group lol
Old 17-06-07, 10:39 PM   #8
Blue Flame
Mega Poster

Had a wee play with Autoroute.
A couple of options for the trip down

AR07 Long

AR07 Medium

Both routes start at the Tesco garage and avoid motorway and involve some B roads on the tail end of the trip.

Alternatively if the weather is poor there is still the Motorway

Previous >> K3 SV650S - Candy Copper;Lower Fairing Set;Fender Extender; Powerbronze Screen; HEL Braided Lines;

Last edited by Blue Flame; 17-06-07 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Didn't read it before I hit send ------ again
Blue Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-07, 09:47 PM   #9
northwind
Mega Poster

Sorry folks, was away for a few days. Either route suits me very nicely, they both avoid deadly Tebay services and it makes sense to plan for all eventualities. If I do too many M6 runs I will lose my licence, so it's all to the good. Though to be honest, I'd probably be equally happy with going cross country like we did last year then down the M6. I am a persistent floater
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-07, 08:19 AM   #10
Horney

What time you guys reckon you'd be leaving from the Edinburgh area?