SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 28-08-07, 09:20 AM   #1
powelly

Default Damp Bike wont start ?

Just took the cover off my sv650 and tried to fire her up and its not having any of it, its trying but wont start.

Its been covered (in jard) for a couple of days now, and I think this has happened before, last time I went out in tha car came back an hour later and it started first time so I suspect somethings a bit damp and being uncovered lets it dry out.

Any ideas where to look? is this common?
Old 28-08-07, 09:52 AM   #2
powelly

Default Re: Damp Bike wont start ?

It's ok panic over, Im an idiot!

Started reading through all the threads on here about bike that wouldnt start and came across someone mentioning the choke! Could have sworn the dealer had said it was automatic but now that I think about it that could well have been when I was asking if there was a fuel reserve.

Anyway grabs tha manual (probably should read that) and low and behold, that switch that I though adjusted the angle of the headlight beam is the choke, DOH!

So I go back outside, full choke, press starter and she starts first time.

Could someone pass me the dunces hat while I go sit in the corner.