SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Tyres Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 12-02-08, 07:07 PM   #41
Fearg

Default Re: Michelin Pilot Road 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
Yep why do you think I've tried all those
Like I say I was just being curious about the

Quote:
I hate Bridgestones and I'll never put another one on my bike.
and Blue's

Quote:
DON'T buy Michelins!!
I never really considered buying Avon Storms but my Blackbird came with them fitted and due to 2 punctures in rapid succession and cr@ppy roads I am still undecided about them. I didn't like the standard Dunlops on the SV but after rave reviews on here I tried them and they were great but I wouldn't have considered Metzler otherwise. I did like the Bridgestone 020's too. So there are manufacturer's that I wouldn't immediately steer towards but I don't think I would ever say I won't buy or don't buy, thats all.
Old 12-02-08, 08:37 PM   #42
DanAbnormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post
Please don't forget, I ride on the road almost daily too and have been doing so for the best part of 20 years, I've had a few different tyres on the road and understand the differences, my track/race experience only serves to let me know what is possible, especially in extreme conditions not just bumbling!!
Like I said, I know naff all about tyres. For me most tyres will do the job for my type of riding. Although I have to admit I regularly found the limit of the Dunlop D220's when I had the SV. Most Bt's are good though, I did Nurburging on BT021's and was going pretty darn quick and kept up with a lot of quicker bikes. I think it's just confidence in the tyre and knowing what it can do when pushed. I got some Avon St's now which are.....odd. They really move about a lot which takes some getting used to. Anyway, enough of my ramblings.
Old 12-02-08, 09:19 PM   #43
neio79

Interesting reading hs thread, i dont know what to replace the OE BT-015's on the kwak with,

Fizz you like Diablo corsas III, conti road attack are also a concideration as i liked the road attacks on my SV they felt fine. i want a tyre that is sticky warms up quick for the road and is good in the wet. Millage is not a major concern really as i would rather have confidence on the bike over the distance it can do.
Old 12-02-08, 09:22 PM   #44
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganDan View Post
I got some Avon St's now which are.....odd. They really move about a lot which takes some getting used to. Anyway, enough of my ramblings.
Goes to show what has already been said, personal preference. I loved my Avon STs and will probably fit Avon Storms to the viffer when this set of Bridgstones are dead.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-08, 09:37 PM   #45
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearg View Post
Like I say I was just being curious about the
No problems. I hear what your saying. I've done alot of miles on the tyres I've tried and like I said its just my opinion. Never say never I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by neio79 View Post
Interesting reading hs thread, i dont know what to replace the OE BT-015's on the kwak with,

Fizz you like Diablo corsas III, conti road attack are also a concideration as i liked the road attacks on my SV they felt fine. i want a tyre that is sticky warms up quick for the road and is good in the wet. Millage is not a major concern really as i would rather have confidence on the bike over the distance it can do.
Round Black ones !!!

Seriously, if you like the Conti's then you should give those a try. I've not tried them so can't comment.

Personally if it were my money Diablo Corsa III's I've ridden my bike and Liz's Duke fitted with those. As I said heat fast, work well in the wet and confidence inspiring. IMHO best way to find out is to try them.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-08, 10:02 PM   #46
neio79

Quote:
Personally if it were my money Diablo Corsa III's I've ridden my bike and Liz's Duke fitted with those. As I said heat fast, work well in the wet and confidence inspiring. IMHO best way to find out is to try them.

I think i might, you and a few peeps on the ninja forum have said they are good. Personally i am not good enough to tell the diff (nor have i experianced many tyres) between a good and a bad tyre, i can however fel the diff in a warm tyre and a cold one easily.

I have plenty of life in the 015's at the moment but i think i will give the Diablos a try come replacement time. Which will proboably be arround AR08.
Old 13-02-08, 11:42 PM   #47
5hort5

All interesting comments re the PR2's and v welcome, I have them fitted now so we'll see and I take note of the pressure points made here. They are currently set at the recommended (to me today) of 32 and 36 lol but time will tell but they do feel V V good after a short 30 miles.

(Edit - Just to confirm PR2's for me = Pilot Roads)

Last edited by 5hort5; 14-02-08 at 12:14 PM.
5hort5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-08, 07:39 AM   #48
gettin2dizzy

I have them 36 & 40 and they feel great.

Again... I think I should remind you two of the difference between the:
Pilot ROAD
Pilot RACE
You're talking about different tyres with different purposes.
Old 15-02-08, 09:40 AM   #49
neio79

not forgetting pilot power which fit in between the two!!
Old 21-04-08, 12:23 PM   #50
thor

I've just put some pilot road 2s on after some vipers. Initial impressions are that they don't tip in half as quick. It's very predicatable, just requires more effort on the bar to get it in the turn. I got them because I wanted the longer life and good wet weather performance but to be honest if was only interested in summer day blasts I would have been disapointed!