SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 16-02-09, 11:06 AM   #1
Dicky Ticker

Default Underage pregnancies.

As the 13 year old near me has just had a baby and no regular partner which may I add the family seems quite proud about as they have put banners and balloons out,does anybody every get convicted of underage sex with a juvenile. This 13 year old has already been put under supervision for theft .drunkenness and assault. She had a taxi arrive every morning to take her to a special school for 3hrs a day and would be lucky if she got 2 out of 5 days. If this is what supervision by social services is about I think they are very negligent in their duties and its no wonder we have child neglect mortality and this strikes me as another child born who dare I say it would be better taken into care from birth as the family appear to have no concept of right and wrong,or morals.
Old 16-02-09, 11:14 AM   #2
timwilky
Mega Poster

Default Re: Underage pregnancies.

unfortunately you are not going to stop kids experimenting with sex. I am sure most of us on this forum would have had a fumble or two hoping for more at that age.

What has changed is that kids no longer accept responsibility for any of their actions. and unfortunately some parents wash their hands of their kids. However, society must share some of the blame. We are the ones who have abandoned all sanctions on out of control youth. When I was a kid, there was locally a hostel for unmarried mothers. There they went to have their kids, and then say goodbye as the kid went for adoption. Not an ideal world, but a least the child went to somebody who wanted it, and was not treated as the by product of a casual shag.
Old 16-02-09, 11:26 AM   #3
Dicky Ticker

TW,That is my point,the supervision after many juvenile court appearances do not get enforced by the social services,probation service or such
Sorry to everyone,but when I was a kid the local bobby clipped your ear or kicked your **** and you got caned or the strap at school. Something like this carried a stigma that you carried for the rest of your life,not something you did to avoid getting a job or find some place to live like many of todays youngsters
The nanny state has gone a little bit over the top and the PC Brigade just seem to encourage them rather than punish
Old 16-02-09, 01:43 PM   #4
MiniMatt

Oh for gods sake. Old people moaning how it was all so much better in their day.

I'm sorry, YOU ARE WRONG.

You're allowed you're own perceptions and you're allowed you're own opinions, but you're not allowed to present your perceptions and opinions as fact and get away without someone taking issue.

You're wrong number one
Crime was better back in the day when all it took was a clip round the ear and a good caning.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/h...ics_200708.pdf
Crime is down, crime is lower now than it has been at any stage in the last 30 years.

You're wrong number two
Teenage pregnancies were negligible back when all it took was a visit to a back street illegal abortion clinic, only married people were allowed contraception advice and table legs were covered so as not to offend prudish sensibilities.

How high is the teenage pregnancy rate again? Care to guess? Perhaps you'd care to look it up? And perhaps you'd care to look at what it's done in the last 30 years. I've got the figures for the last 20 years to link but - guess what, they make your blustering look all for nowt.

EDIT:
Conclusions
Simple truth is it was YOUR childhood that was crime ridden and full of teenage pregnancy, not mine. What's more, the "nanny PC yoghurt weaving state" has obviously provided me with an extremely sound education - as not only is my generation doing far better on teenage pregnancies than yours, not only are we not resorting to crime like your generation, but we have been given the education and intelligence to see Daily Mail-esque posturing and blustering for what it is, not spout it as gospel, and actually search for the evidence before making accusations.

Last edited by MiniMatt; 16-02-09 at 01:49 PM.
Old 16-02-09, 02:00 PM   #5
Ed

Anyone read 'How Green Was My Valley'
Old 16-02-09, 03:22 PM   #6
ArtyLady

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMatt View Post
a load of stuff.....
How old are you? were you there?
Old 16-02-09, 03:24 PM   #7
Gene genie

on a lighter note, my wife had our first chid far too early, blooby half past two in the morning.
Old 16-02-09, 03:35 PM   #8
Dicky Ticker

Lies dam lies and staistics,the greatest of these is statistics
Statistics are probably massaged by ASBO's other devious means

you obviously never grew up in the 6O's with free love

PERHAPS YOU THINK THAT 13YEAR OLDS SHOULD HAVE BABIES

Keep working, as somebody has to pay for her I'm alright jack I'm a retired old duffer and your paying for me already -----GREAT INNIT
Old 16-02-09, 03:43 PM   #9
Ed

Hope you feel better for that little rant
Old 16-02-09, 03:59 PM   #10
carty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicky Ticker View Post
Lies dam lies and staistics,the greatest of these is statistics
Statistics are probably massaged by ASBO's other devious means

you obviously never grew up in the 6O's with free love

PERHAPS YOU THINK THAT 13YEAR OLDS SHOULD HAVE BABIES

Keep working, as somebody has to pay for her I'm alright jack I'm a retired old duffer and your paying for me already -----GREAT INNIT
I'm with you mate, REPORTED crime might be down in the statistics but there's a lot of kids (actually, not just kids) doing a lot of bad things that are going unreported that make things worse today than they were some years ago.

Those kids should be lined up and castrated.