SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 03-08-09, 07:15 AM   #11
keithd

Default Re: underage drinking

i suspect that most of the "spoilsport" etc comments come from people who are underage themselves? as the man has said, these kids are being rude and violent towards others so i dont think the defence of live and let live applies here, personally.
Old 03-08-09, 08:02 AM   #12
Jabba

Their license will be issued by the Local Authority. Report it there.

I wouldn't report it if they were 17 years old and behaving but would otherwise.
Old 03-08-09, 10:17 AM   #13
Quedos

Quickest and easiest - local authority - backed up in writing to the Chief Con and Licensing board.- they will need to investigate every written complaint and if you do it now the report should be completed for next board and then it can be discussed at that point and give the landlord the chance to state his case - or they can just revoked his licence/issue fines without question (and normally instantly) Bearing in mind that the chain will be fined as will the landlord and which ever member of the staff served them (staff max £5000 1st instance i've seen £2500 normal fine)
There should also be Licensing Standards Officers(local authority - Envir/Protective services ) - who should also be able to deal with this in the first instance and talk to both parties and hopefully sort it out before the intervention with police.

As for reporting it - regardless of whether of not they are behaving - you ultimatley will be doing the pub a favour - if it all kicks off by someone else, police decide to do a raid or local LSO's turn up etc etc the landlord will be s*** on with a ton of bricks - with chains ultimately sacking Gross Misconduct and no reference. Sorry but from someone whos been there etc etc. Theres is no excuse for underage in pubs these days - the penalty's are too severe for most people to take the risk.

Last edited by Quedos; 03-08-09 at 10:19 AM.
Old 03-08-09, 10:45 AM   #14
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Why not, if they can be identified/are known to you, have a word with the parents of the kids?

Report the landlord and the pub could end up closed if its already only marginally profitable, which will probably inconvenience you more.

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-09, 12:22 PM   #15
Stingo

Have the courage of your convictions!! Report the SOB.
'All it takes for evil to prevail is for good people to do nothing'.

He knows the rules - what else is he getting away with?
Old 03-08-09, 01:08 PM   #16
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Used to be able to get a beer in certain pubs from age about 14,and a can of brown ale from the offie on the way home from school.Weekend party used to involve getting a "party seven" or two.

Its not the ability to get drink that is the problem for younger teenagers,more the fact that there are no consequences for bad behaviour whether caused by drink or not.Seems to me we are far to keen to restrict and legislate people,rather than make them responsible for their actions.
Old 03-08-09, 01:18 PM   #17
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Biggles View Post
Used to be able to get a beer in certain pubs from age about 14,and a can of brown ale from the offie on the way home from school.Weekend party used to involve getting a "party seven" or two.

Its not the ability to get drink that is the problem for younger teenagers,more the fact that there are no consequences for bad behaviour whether caused by drink or not.Seems to me we are far to keen to restrict and legislate people,rather than make them responsible for their actions.
Which is why I suggested the Parents be the 1st port of call as they SHOULD be able to bring better sanctions to bear on them than the law...

Its not the Pub thats really the problem, its the kids after they have been drinking, which they will do whether its in the pub, or in the park.

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-09, 01:30 PM   #18
CoolGirl

svr - is the pub a member of the local pubwatch? it doesn't have the formal clout of the other approaches offered here, but it might be worth looking into if you're after a lighter touch.
Old 03-08-09, 01:53 PM   #19
John 675

i never serve the little roaches that attempt it at the pub i work atm, and they all do, it really isnt worth it.. i can get an £80 fine per underager i serve.. thats more than 4 days work sometimes.. screw them i dont even like 18 year olds in, epecially loud studenty ones.. they buy a lime cordial and soda between about 4 of them.. put other customers off by talking crap and proceed to tear up our beer matts... which i then have to clear up.. pfft cheap asses...

and there not all like it but 99.9% of the ones that come in our pub are so its hard not to tar and feather them.. falling about the pub after a pint.. pfft.... rising inflection using cheap irritaing roaches.. what happend to 10 liters of cider and a park bench!!

although on a serious note.. many pubs around here are going strictly over 21.. so maybe thats the way its going? i think there is a vast percentge that do ruin it for others in that age catagory though and it is a shame.
Old 03-08-09, 05:02 PM   #20
Magnum

lol what a spoilsport!
Sort the guys out yourself...they claim to be 18, so theres no harm in a bit of a punch up.

I dont know what id do with myself if i couldnt go out and drink. Its great being underage most of the time...everyone older brings me the drinks.