SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 03-08-09, 05:07 PM   #21
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Default Re: underage drinking

Not worth the hassle, police will end up on their side when they inevitably whinge about a kicking, especially if they deserve one.

If the landlords given you a load of gob when you've complained about people being unreasonable in his boozer he doesn't deserve a license! Even though normally I am all in favour of underage drinking when it's sensible!
Old 03-08-09, 05:25 PM   #22
Specialone

Without sounding like im becoming an old fart, i think some teenagers now are lawless without a drink, so full of alcohol they are a nightmare.

I used to frequent pubs with a load of friends when i was 16 but never got into trouble.
We used to drink in the the park etc or at someones house whose parents were not in and still hardly got any complaints, mainly neighbours or residents telling us to move on, which we did.

Society has moved on since then, for the worst imo.
There is total lack of respect now by some teenagers and young people for any type of establishment.
If the landlord refuses service, he will no doubt get abuse of some kind, his car damaged or graffiti on the pub walls.
Ask the police, underage drinking, especially in large groups, is causing loads of problems with anti social behaviour etc and the facts are it wasnt nowhere near as bad 20 odd years ago, so whats it gonna be like in the next 20 years.
My point, responsible underage drinking can be ok, but not always.

Last edited by Specialone; 03-08-09 at 05:26 PM.
Old 03-08-09, 05:34 PM   #23
Graciepants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
lol what a spoilsport!
Sort the guys out yourself...they claim to be 18, so theres no harm in a bit of a punch up.
not true - i'm 21 and have worked as a bar maid since i was 18. i'm 5'5 im not exactly threatening, and so have you any idea how hard and intimidating it is to go up to a group of drunk teenagers and ask them to either quieten down or leave, or field off all their lewd remarks and comments? when its me in charge, i am the one expected to sort it out and if they are behaving in a way thats emptying my pub or upsetting everyone else, i have to deal with it.

if they are underage they shouldnt be there, it will go on MY criminal record and i will be fined - like LyleJ said £80 is a lot of money for us. if they are just there for a quiet drink and they are friends of some of the other staff then it it can be ok to turn a blind eye (imo), im pretty easy going, but if they are like what the OP described then it should be reported.