SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 15-01-08, 04:23 PM   #1
rob13

Default Front Indicators

Just fired the bike up to give it its monthly winter warm and found that the offside indicator isnt working. Only bought them last March - flush mount LED type which fit into the gaps.

Having had a number of LED indicators which have quite frankly failed to live up to the job (always got lights out probably through water ingress) Im giving up on the idea of LEDS and thinking about some good ol fashioned bulb indys. However, I was hoping to get some clear flush mount jobbies. Can anyone help me with where I might be able to get hold of a pair, or if someone has a particular solution (neat and tidy not like the big originals) which has stood the test of time please let me know as I've spent a small fortune on LED indicators in the last 3 years of ownership!
Old 15-01-08, 05:49 PM   #2
Dangerous Dave

Default Re: Front Indicators

On the pointys you can rig up the two side lights as indicators and fill in the remaining indicator holes completely. Recently done it to a mates, he has a full sharkskinz fairing on now.
Old 15-01-08, 05:52 PM   #3
rob13

Doesnt that fail the MOT though?
Old 15-01-08, 05:59 PM   #4
Dangerous Dave

Ah... yeah it will as you can not have an amber turn signal and a forward facing white parking light from the same bulb.

You can get away with it though, depends on your MOT station. I have had a 2wheeljunkies full fairing on my curvy for nearly 5 years now and that doesn't have the provision for the parking light and I haven't bothered to rig anything up for it either.

Saying that, pointys lights are always one so It shouldn't be too much of an issue unless you are worried about the parking light not being on in the locked position (next notch past ignition lock)?
Old 15-01-08, 06:32 PM   #5
Lozzo

Drill a hole in the bottom of the left headlight and stick a rubber mounted sidelight in there, that's all the MOT requires you to have. On my old Daytona that's what it came with from factory, only it had one each side. It'd be very easy to do.
Old 21-01-08, 02:29 PM   #6
rob13

I dont particularly want to put the indys in the headlight when Ive got to mess about with drilling holes in it. Would rather just have a set which worked at the side, however I dont seem to be having a very good experience with the LED types as Ive had about 3 or 4 sets now and all of them have lost bulbs/broken through water ingress.

Does anyone have a flush mounted indy which has stood the test of time?
Old 07-03-08, 04:49 PM   #7
rob13

Has anyone found that by having the standard indys on the bike, if theyve dropped it theyve cause more damage by having an impact on the indicator? Im just debating whether to go back to standard indys on the front or whether to get some minis again
Old 07-03-08, 04:54 PM   #8
sv_rider1990

Motrax or "Bike It" do flush bulb indys im after some for the curvey... Justould like to make sure that there going to stay water proof, i suppose you could stick some tape of some sort around the gap to seal it properly.
Old 07-03-08, 05:44 PM   #9
rob13

Had flush LEDs before and dont really fancy them again. Not hardy enough
Old 07-03-08, 06:07 PM   #10
sv_rider1990

No no no they do them in normal bulbs as well as LEDs.