SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

Old 11-11-05, 01:18 PM   #1
Couerdelion

Default North West 200

See this post here

I know a couple of people have expressed an interest but I thought I'd see if anyone else from the Pennine region fancied a trip to the Emerald Isle.
Old 15-11-05, 05:47 PM   #2
Couerdelion

I know it's early notice but surely some of you must be even slightly interested?

I know a lot of you managed to get your first taste of a ride out this year through the pennine rides organised by Cpt Nemo (and sometimes me).

This is just another step along the way.

It's a chance to get your first taste of touring with some like minded SV enthusiasts and a chance to see some of the most fantastic scenery in the British Isles. The Antrim coast really is spectacular, and if you've never seen road racing before this is an ideal introduction, away from the hustle and bustle of the TT (although it's still busy enough!). All you need to do is make your own way to the ferry port and board a ferry then once you arrive in Ireland I'll do all the guiding at a pace the matches the slowest.
Old 15-11-05, 08:00 PM   #3
lurcher

hi, rich i might be up for it depending on money,putting an extension on the house once i get planning thru,be canny to meet up again good company good craic
Old 15-11-05, 08:05 PM   #4
El Saxo

I'm definitely interested, but need to check with a mate first as well cos we're supposed to be going over to europe sometime around that time of year as well.

Sounds like a great few days though.

The only concern i have is heights - the coast roads sound amazing, but what are the roads like? If they're very high and close to the edge of a cliff that would be a problem for me...
Old 15-11-05, 09:57 PM   #5
amarko5

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Saxo
I'm definitely interested, but need to check with a mate first as well cos we're supposed to be going over to europe sometime around that time of year as well.

The only concern i have is heights - the coast roads sound amazing, but what are the roads like? If they're very high and close to the edge of a cliff that would be a problem for me...
so where you planning on going in europe holland perhaps
Old 15-11-05, 10:09 PM   #6
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couerdelion
I know it's early notice but surely some of you must be even slightly interested?
Hey Rich, I'd planned to do that coast ride sometime, and ordinarily would have really jumped at this! You organise good rides, man......and I've no doubt that an Ulster Fry would have featured....

But, I already have something planned for May that just won't allow this to be fitted in. Sorry!!
Old 16-11-05, 04:07 PM   #7
Cloggsy

I'm supposed to be organising a trip for the lads at school for the NW200... So I'll be there, but with a bus full of numpties in tow
Old 16-11-05, 04:57 PM   #8
El Saxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarko5
Quote:

Actually we were planning on going to amsterdam...

I'm not that bad, it's just certain types of road that scare the cr*p out of me. I came over the St Gottard (sp?) pass last year as a passenger in a car and absolutely bricked myself! I'd hate to have to do the Splugen or Stelvio (sp? again) passes. There are plenty of high-altitude roads that don't bother me though, usually because i can't see a huge drop on the other side...
Old 19-11-05, 11:46 PM   #9
enginedriver

I'll be there...as usual.
Me brother lives there so I have somewhere to stay. I normally go from Cairn Ryan to Larne as it's a cracking run up from York via the A66 and A74.
Only problem this year is that the sproglette has decided she wants to go as well and her mother won't let her go on the bike!

Bugger, I might end up going in the car

Mike
Old 20-11-05, 12:46 AM   #10
amarko5

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amarko5
Quote:

Actually we were planning on going to amsterdam...

I'm not that bad, it's just certain types of road that scare the cr*p out of me. I came over the St Gottard (sp?) pass last year as a passenger in a car and absolutely bricked myself! I'd hate to have to do the Splugen or Stelvio (sp? again) passes. There are plenty of high-altitude roads that don't bother me though, usually because i can't see a huge drop on the other side...
I presume then you won't be doing the roads that KRZ and his buddies did this year http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=27593 :P :P