SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 25-08-07, 08:17 AM   #11
Jabba

Default Re: Disabled bog - why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by melody View Post
I've used a disabled loo before.
Why was it disabled? I'd much rather use one that was working properly.

Old 25-08-07, 08:22 AM   #12
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_runt69 View Post
A disabled Toilet is what it states it is a toilet,
Only that its been adjusted so people of limited mobility ( not allowed to use disabled at work) can use it as well. Anyone can use a disabled toilet as its purpose is for people to go to the loo, I dont see why they should tut at you blue for using it.
That was exactly my rationale when I thought about it ... why shouldn’t a disabled person have to wait? (even an incontinent one).

I shall be purposely using disabled bogs all the time now!!

Its nicer in there anyway ... it doesn't smell as much ... plenty of room and you don't have to stand next to some strange bloke who seems incapable of abiding by the 'eyes front - head down discipline'!! ---- you must lock the door unless you want the whole world to see you at 'work' mind

Oh and whilst I am on this tack, why do ‘mother and child’ spots have to be in prime position in carparks? (usually next to disabled spots)???

That really piddles me off …

I mean WHY?

Last edited by Blue_SV650S; 25-08-07 at 08:25 AM.
Old 25-08-07, 08:24 AM   #13
Jabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post
Oh and whilst I am on this tack, why do ‘mother and child’ spots have to be in prime position in carparks? (usually next to disabled spots)???

That really piddles me off …
Kinda obvious, innit?
Old 25-08-07, 08:36 AM   #14
timwilky
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba View Post
Kinda obvious, innit?
No it ain't. Why can fathers not use them with their child, or grand parents etc. sexist and ageist if you ask me
Old 25-08-07, 08:45 AM   #15
Jabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
No it ain't. Why can fathers not use them with their child, or grand parents etc. sexist and ageist if you ask me
Ah... I see where you're coming from (said the actress to the Bishop).

I was commenting upon the gripe about the "prime location" rather than the sexist, ageist and legal-guardianist label.

Thank you for the opportunity to clarify
Old 25-08-07, 08:47 AM   #16
sarah

Does anyone get annoyed when cars park in motorbike parking areas/spaces?
Old 25-08-07, 08:47 AM   #17
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
That is one thing that gets me, but more than that ... agreed its a good idea to have wider spots for people with prams etc ... rather that than have my car bashed buy a mum/dad with too few arms ... but why right outside the shop???? Can mothers not walk???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
Does anyone get annoyed when cars park in motorbike parking areas/spaces?
Not really ever seen that happen, but I do get annoyed when I see bikes in car spaces!!!

Last edited by Blue_SV650S; 25-08-07 at 08:55 AM.
Old 25-08-07, 08:55 AM   #18
Jabba

Quote:
but why right outside the shop???? Can mothers not walk???
Parents often have two or more young kids with them and controlling them can be difficult even for the most well-behaved kids and most competant of parents.

Supermarket car-parks are dangerous places, drivers concentrating on looking for a space rather than looking for and anticipating hazards, especially those that they cannot see anyway, kids being of lower height than most cars.

Safest thing to do is minimise the chances of young children (who will not be aware of the dangers) coming into contact with moving vehicles, hence the location.

C'mon Blue, be honest...... you just don't like walking

You know the answer....... get reproducing I'm sure the gene-pool won't be damaged too much
Old 25-08-07, 08:58 AM   #19
Jabba

Quote:
I do get annoyed when I see bikes in car spaces!!!
Why?

What if, like the disabled loo thing that started this thread, all the bike spaces were full?
Old 25-08-07, 09:04 AM   #20
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Parents often have two or more young kids with them and controlling them can be difficult even for the most well-behaved kids and most competant of parents.

Supermarket car-parks are dangerous places, drivers concentrating on looking for a space rather than looking for and anticipating hazards, especially those that they cannot see anyway, kids being of lower height than most cars.

Safest thing to do is minimise the chances of young children (who will not be aware of the dangers) coming into contact with moving vehicles, hence the location.

C'mon Blue, be honest...... you just don't like walking

You know the answer....... get reproducing I'm sure the gene-pool won't be damaged too much
Er, what about parents that walk their kids to the shops? Would you have them a special pavement further away from the road?? Perhaps kid barriers???

If a parent wants more room to 'safely' do their thing, why don't they park way way out the back of the carparks ... you know the bit that is in the far back corner where noone goes as it is the furthest point from the shop ...

You never know the small walk might prevent their kids from becoming the phat fecks at 6yrs old that are all so common these days!! ... a bit of exercise might dispel some of that energy and quieten them down a bit too!!!

Or these parent areas put at the back of the carpark anyway where there is less natural 'flow'???

Quote:
Why?

What if, like the disabled loo thing that started this thread, all the bike spaces were full?
Bikes can park in any nook and cranny. There are bound to be cases of exception, but I do hate to see bikes in car spaces when they could so easily been put somewhere more considerate!!

Last edited by Blue_SV650S; 25-08-07 at 09:07 AM.