SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 25-08-07, 09:08 AM   #21
Jabba

Default Re: Disabled bog - why not?

It's patently obvious that you are not a parent!!
Old 25-08-07, 09:10 AM   #22
skint

It is perfectly acceptable to you a disabled toilet facility or to use the correct format - a toilet suitable for use by people with disabilities.

it is simply common coutesy to ensure a person with a disability isn't disadvantaged further cos you used it which is not likely unless a queue of abled bodied forms!!

Smaller places will only provide a single WC which is designed for all.

You will also see many places now which provide male and female toilets both with toilets for people with disabilities and baby changing. That brings me to the comment regarding mother and child parking. Its a generalised term as it is generally mums on their own with kids that they are catering for but IMO that includes Dads in similar circumstances. ther purpose is obvious if you ever visited a supermarket and seen the muppets trying to park!

People with disabilities are human too and will react just like the rest of us. We all get grumpy if things aren't how we would like thm subject to our mood or circumstances.

IMHO its all about respect for each other something that sadly this world seems to be losing. If its a loo for peeps ith a disability you will be aware of that and act as you have said - perfectly acceptable.
Old 25-08-07, 10:30 AM   #23
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
Does anyone get annoyed when cars park in motorbike parking areas/spaces?
if you can get a car in a motorbike space........well done
Old 25-08-07, 10:38 AM   #24
Jabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post
if you can get a car in a motorbike space........well done
Maybe Sarah has a Smart car?

Anyone own one of those, btw? If so, is it possible to a "stoppie" in them?
Old 25-08-07, 10:40 AM   #25
ArtyLady

I use disabled loos if none other available, often if there is only one loo, it is adapted anyway. Also many peeps have hidden disability so no-one should be tutting - same as if someone has a blue badge but appears to walk with no problems, they may have a hidden disability.

Re parent and child parking = wider spaces for ease of putting child into buggy etc. Many moons ago, before the phenemon of parent and child spaces, we were frequently blocked in and couldnt get our kids in and out the child seats.
Old 25-08-07, 11:06 AM   #26
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtyLady View Post
Re parent and child parking = wider spaces for ease of putting child into buggy etc. Many moons ago, before the phenemon of parent and child spaces, we were frequently blocked in and couldnt get our kids in and out the child seats.
No problem with wider spaces for parents with their kids, but why do they have to be in pole position??
Old 25-08-07, 11:18 AM   #27
Keith1983

Just to go off on a bit of a tangent. How many carparks have a rule saying that disabled badge holders don't have to pay? What is that all about. Now my grandfather is disabled and displays a disabled badge in the car. However he is most definitely not financially disabled! Are the people who make these rules presuming that disabled people are in a worse financial situation?
Old 25-08-07, 11:45 AM   #28
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
Does anyone get annoyed when cars park in motorbike parking areas/spaces?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba View Post
Maybe Sarah has a Smart car?
close
Old 25-08-07, 11:53 AM   #29
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post
Not really ever seen that happen, but I do get annoyed when I see bikes in car spaces!!!
I do that at work, my company wont provide dedicated bike parking and sent out a sh*tty email asking us bikers to stop using "Car spaces"

I pointed out that nowhere does it specifically say that the spaces are for use by cars only and if I was provided with a suitable place to park my bike, I'd use it, but they havent so I park in the car space so my bike doesnt get knocked over, ( I've had 1 bike get knocked over at work already )

I've never heard a peep out of them about it since, we still havent got motorbike parking, so I still park in the car spaces.

I wouldnt do it in a supermarket carpark though...

the thing is with the spaces that they mark out so that mums can get kids in and out of cars easier, if they made the normal spaces bigger in the first place it wouldnt be such a squeeze, I'm glad we havent got a big car...

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-07, 12:27 PM   #30
timwilky
Mega Poster

when I used to use our knutsford office there was a bike parking area, behind the hedge, where nobody can see them. There are 4 of us who had allocated parking bays that also happen to be bikers. Finance director, Quality Director, Engineering manager and me. It used to really P off the others when we would park our bikes in our allocated car bays right in line with the cameras etc. A new facilities manager did initially question why bikes were being parked in the secure senior managers car parking spaces. But was told to sort out proper bike parking for those who had to use the plebs