SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 07-10-09, 09:44 PM   #1
ooger

Default Looking forward...

I think its more than fair to say, that its not been an easy week; for anyone, given the obvious news.

Its has though, been a week for me, that I hope shapes my future.

A future that we all live in, and one that will hold a lot of memories for us all. Thats how memories exist - the future, and days to come that make them.

I finished my current position today. I left not because disliked it, but I want change. I don't want to be me doing this job when I'm approaching 40, or 50, or god forbid 60. (thats not an ageist remark, just a personal one)

I've left behind a world class Formula 1 team and instead, moved to the public sector. I'm excited, and a little apprehensive of the future, and I like that.

Let's see where this chapter of my life leads.

Here's a raised glass of red wine to:

"Looking forward, and the things it will bring"
Old 07-10-09, 09:46 PM   #2
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Default Re: Looking forward...

Sounds like a bad idea, but good luck!
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-09, 09:52 PM   #3
ooger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSV650S View Post
Sounds like a bad idea, but good luck!

Brilliant. Thanks, I needed that.

I come from the "made your bed so sleep in it" party, so I'm mentally committed already. It's the right thing, I'm more than sure
Old 07-10-09, 09:55 PM   #4
zobers

Well done, good luck, you obviously have more guts than most to remove yourself from a comfortable position- it's so easy to get stuck in a rut. Good luck to you!
Old 07-10-09, 09:57 PM   #5
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Well it does! If I was in a good job I liked, I wouldn't leave
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-09, 10:05 PM   #6
Holdup

Well done and good luck ooger!

Things are looking up for me as well

Ive been doing voluntry work (9 - 2) in the ICT department at the school i clean at and it seems like it may of paid of as i just got an email 30 mins ago from an agency i applied for a job with this morning just asking what salary im looking at and when i would be able to start, im getting my hopes up but i shouldnt really, if i wasnt currently employeed i think i would have a much better chance
Old 07-10-09, 10:05 PM   #7
xXBADGERXx

well I have read the post , mulled it over and given this some great thought .................................................. .................................................. ...................................... what Red Wine is it ?
Old 07-10-09, 10:08 PM   #8
ooger

Just remember, theres a big difference between a job you like now, and one you want to do......

...but the grass/greener argument is a whole different area we're not talking about here.

I say:

Do what you want, because one day, if you don't....you'll be old and regret it, or you just won't be here.
Old 07-10-09, 10:14 PM   #9
ooger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdup View Post
Well done and good luck ooger!

Things are looking up for me as well

Ive been doing voluntry work (9 - 2) in the ICT department at the school i clean at and it seems like it may of paid of as i just got an email 30 mins ago from an agency i applied for a job with this morning just asking what salary im looking at and when i would be able to start, im getting my hopes up but i shouldnt really, if i wasnt currently employeed i think i would have a much better chance
Nope, think as if you can do the job, and you're ready for the change. If you don't start thinking like like that, you'll never get what you want. Sell yourself, and do it well. Its yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBADGERXx View Post
well I have read the post , mulled it over and given this some great thought .................................................. .................................................. ...................................... what Red Wine is it ?
Good question. Tonight, "le Monferrine" - Italian, 2008. A light, yet fruity, medium bodied red.

nomnomnom
Old 07-10-09, 10:15 PM   #10
sarah

good luck, what part of the public sector are you joining?