SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 21-12-22, 08:13 PM   #6041
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Brilliant, glad you had a good day ��
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-22, 05:33 PM   #6042
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

The Monkey and her boyfriend have arrived for a ten night Chrimbo visit. Happy mum and dad!
Old 28-12-22, 06:58 PM   #6043
redtrummy

The bas-----, a bachelor, long acquaintance, came and had Christmas dinner with us, as per most years. When he got home he found his patio door swinging in the breeze. He rang here, hence at 11.45pm I was levering his door back into something like the correct position to get his house water tight once again. Fortunately I had only had a couple of glasses of wine early afternoon so possible breath test not a problem
redtrummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-22, 05:00 PM   #6044
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

I hope it wasn't burglary damage RT. As a victim in 1995 it is not something I'd wish on anyone.
Old 29-12-22, 09:07 PM   #6045
redtrummy

Whoops smile of the day - i think not. Must wear my glasses more! Yes wreaked the patio door
Old 30-12-22, 09:40 AM   #6046
Craig380
Mega Poster

The latest in the ongoing Greta Thunberg / Andrew Tate socials beef. Her kiss-off tweet after he got arrested in Romania on counts of human trafficking, rape etc:

Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-22, 11:52 AM   #6047
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig380 View Post
The latest in the ongoing Greta Thunberg / Andrew Tate socials beef. Her kiss-off tweet after he got arrested in Romania on counts of human trafficking, rape etc:

Haha! That's brilliant.

Tate is an unpleasant knobhead and gormless to boot. If any one was going to dox themselves it had to be him. Greta pushed all the right buttons there.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-23, 06:22 PM   #6048
redtrummy

Glory be, New Laptop up and running courtesy of my son. Been on a wing and a prayer using the old laptop that intermittently would not charge, a mobile which was difficult to read, and a steam powered PC which needed switching on 30 min before use. Back in the modern world!
Old 03-01-23, 08:06 PM   #6049
garynortheast
Mega Poster

SotD is some brilliant customer service from Garmin. Yesterday I couldn't get my Forerunner 735xt watch to connect to the pc via the lead. Computer just kept saying that the usb device I had plugged in had malfunctioned and wasn't being recognised. It wouldn't connect to my phone via bluetooth either, so after faffing about trying to make it work for an hour or so I called Garmin live chat customer service. Very pleasant chap called Benjamin came on line and spent some time going through a few things with me, including a reset, but none of it worked.

He came to the conclusion fairly quickly that it was a problem with the device and asked me how long I'd had the watch. I said about a year, but that it was second hand when I bought it. He said that normally in these circumstances Garmin would charge for a replacement, but as I'd been "a good sport" and had the patience to go through the tests and recovery attempts with him, he was going to do the goodwill thing and arrange to send me a replacement free of charge!

Five minutes later I had the return label in my email inbox and this morning I dropped the package off at a UPS collection point. replacement watch should be with me by next week.

That is a great response from a company, especially one as big as Garmin. One happy chappie here.

Last edited by garynortheast; 03-01-23 at 08:07 PM.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-23, 09:34 AM   #6050
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
SotD is some brilliant customer service from Garmin. Yesterday I couldn't get my Forerunner 735xt watch to connect to the pc via the lead. Computer just kept saying that the usb device I had plugged in had malfunctioned and wasn't being recognised. It wouldn't connect to my phone via bluetooth either, so after faffing about trying to make it work for an hour or so I called Garmin live chat customer service. Very pleasant chap called Benjamin came on line and spent some time going through a few things with me, including a reset, but none of it worked.

He came to the conclusion fairly quickly that it was a problem with the device and asked me how long I'd had the watch. I said about a year, but that it was second hand when I bought it. He said that normally in these circumstances Garmin would charge for a replacement, but as I'd been "a good sport" and had the patience to go through the tests and recovery attempts with him, he was going to do the goodwill thing and arrange to send me a replacement free of charge!

Five minutes later I had the return label in my email inbox and this morning I dropped the package off at a UPS collection point. replacement watch should be with me by next week.

That is a great response from a company, especially one as big as Garmin. One happy chappie here.
now that is good customer service. bets that if you were the whinge'n type you would have got nothing. it does pay to be nice, well done.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote