SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 19-05-05, 12:41 PM   #1
Oneiros

Default A Warning, a Rant, and a bit of a Scrounge

I work near Picadilly Circus and usually ride in for around 10/10:30 am. At this time of day most of the bike bays are full but there is one on the road with Comedy Club, near leicester sq that always has places.

I now know why!!

A couple of weeks ago I returned to the bike to find someone had moved it so that the back wheel was on the pavement and the bike had been ticketed.

I park in a similar spot 1 or 2 bikes from the end of the bay yesterday. when I came back to it last night the bikes that had been to my right were gone so my bike was the last in the bay. It was also missing the RHS indicator and barend and the bung on that side was scrapped up.

It would appear that someone driving down the road had found it difficult to get through run into my bike knocking it over! they then seem to have got out, stood the bike up and then driven off!!!

So if anyone has an indicator or a barend going spare (K4 RHS) Please let me know.
Old 19-05-05, 12:45 PM   #2
will

that's crap news mate, sorry to hear it. that would really p*ss me off big time.

hope you get your replacement parts quickly and inexpensively.
Old 19-05-05, 12:51 PM   #3
BillyC
Mega Poster

Not good, and can't help on the indicator and bar-end front I'm afraid. Buy a set of aftermarket bar-ends, they're tougher and cheaper than Fromage-Suzuki.

Also... download this map (http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/congestion/bike_park.html) and look for other bays that aren't on main roads, and may be protected by curbs. Either way, it's a very handy map to have on the bike!
Old 19-05-05, 12:59 PM   #4
Cloggsy

There must be some CCTV in that area surely?
Old 19-05-05, 01:54 PM   #5
Valman

Parking up in Central London, especially in that area, is something I really hate having to do. My end can has 3 dents in it, where people have obviously smacked it whilst parking up, but luckily it's still the stock one that I damaged in my off anyway. My fairings and mirrors are also picking up scratches/scrapes from people brushing them on a regular basis and this is one of the reasons I really don't fancy getting my bike fixed yet, just too many w!"£$rs with no respect for other people's property.
Old 19-05-05, 07:33 PM   #6
Stig

I once went back to my bike to find a scooter had parked in between my bike and another. I swear he must have got off his scooter and gone round the to the front of it and just pushed it into the non existent gap. Both my bike and the bike that was next to me had suffered damage. I actually had to damage my bike more by pushing it against the scooter just to get the side stand up. Once I had got my bike out, I picked up the scooter and put it on the path.

Hopefully a traffic warden gave him a ticket.
Old 19-05-05, 07:39 PM   #7
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Makes ya sick dont it

sorry i cant help wioth any parts tho
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-05, 07:49 AM   #8
will

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe
I once went back to my bike to find a scooter had parked in between my bike and another. I swear he must have got off his scooter and gone round the to the front of it and just pushed it into the non existent gap. Both my bike and the bike that was next to me had suffered damage. I actually had to damage my bike more by pushing it against the scooter just to get the side stand up. Once I had got my bike out, I picked up the scooter and put it on the path.

Hopefully a traffic warden gave him a ticket.
i find that happens quite a lot where i park in west end as well, bl@@dy annoying to say the least. i'm also very concerned about what billy c posted up the other day on a different thread

Whoa... that's only the other side of Regent St. from me. I know H.Sq has had problems in the past. Desh posted that on 3 consecutive evenings he found his clutch lever broken.

The first may have been by accident, but the AA man reckoned they were waiting for him to have to leave it over night, to take it away.

here's the full thread http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.ph...hlight=#318509
Old 21-05-05, 11:49 AM   #9
REEVESIE

Just a quick thought, I don't have this problem with parking as I am able to park my bike in my works car park in central London so I can only sympathise with you as I would be extremley pi$$ed off of this happened to me.

Have you tried down by Waterloo Place on Pall mall for bike space as there is a few bays there also at the end of Abermarle (I think its spelt like this) Street, Bond street end there is a large bike bay which is hardley ever full.

Or if you get time, park at the very far end of Regent Street North of Oxford circus towards Marylebone Road near Chinese Embassy and walk rest of way to work. About 15 mins walk. There is also loads of police round there cause of the embassies up that end of the road.
Old 23-05-05, 09:25 AM   #10
Oneiros

Quote:
Originally Posted by REEVESIE
Have you tried down by Waterloo Place on Pall mall for bike space as there is a few bays there also at the end of Abermarle (I think its spelt like this) Street, Bond street end there is a large bike bay which is hardley ever full.
I usually try waterloo place first as its closer to my office but all the bays fill up before I get it. will check out Abermarle this week.