SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 26-02-06, 11:43 AM   #1
kashby

Default Rotor puller tool (cost)

About to do the offset timing key mod, just wondering if anybody knows how much the official suzuki rotor puller costs, I believe the tool is basically a 20mm bolt with a 1.5mm pitch thread. I was just going to source a bolt from an engineering shop but if the official tools cheap I,ll buy that for easyness.
Old 26-02-06, 12:09 PM   #2
jonboy

I have a feeling it's approx £25 which is totally outrageous as it's just a bolt.

(thankfully Northend was kind enough to lend me his when Sid Squid and I did mine)

Don't expect much in the way of more top end power but the much fatter torque curve is great.

Old 26-02-06, 02:47 PM   #3
northwind
Mega Poster

If I can find mine, you're welcome to borrow it. I think I paid £25, just could not be bothered chasing down the bolt to be totally honest. Weak, I know
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-06, 05:37 PM   #4
Sudoxe

yea arround 25quid.

I've got one if northy cant find his...you can borrow it for the cost of a return stamp to london.

Dan
Old 26-02-06, 07:14 PM   #5
kashby

Cheers lads, I'll see if I can get hold of a bolt from the enineering shop first, if I can't I'll get in touch.
Old 26-02-06, 08:21 PM   #6
mac

Anyone have a picture of it ( is it just a threaded M20 X 1.5mm bolt ). ????????
Old 26-02-06, 08:33 PM   #7
Sudoxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Anyone have a picture of it ( is it just a threaded M20 X 1.5mm bolt ). ????????
Not sure what it is, not got any vernia calipers or thead pitch guages to hand. But yes. It is just a bolt. Mind you it is powder coated black.... so thats where that 23.99 went then...

Dan
Old 26-02-06, 08:43 PM   #8
northwind
Mega Poster

Basically... Don't quote me on the size, though!
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-06, 09:59 PM   #9
haggis

I believe it's high tensile, which is a bit harder to track down as a pattern part.

However - suggestion.....

As I too would be doing this mod at some point, how about we get one between us? Is that three folk so far? Possibly more. £10 each isn't so bad. The gasket is a whopping fiver and woodruff key erm, £15 or something.

Maybe even sell it on ebay at the end and we're quids in. It's not likely you'll need it again.
Old 26-02-06, 10:02 PM   #10
Sudoxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggis

However - suggestion.....

As I too would be doing this mod at some point, how about we get one between us? Is that three folk so far? Possibly more. £10 each isn't so bad. The gasket is a whopping fiver and woodruff key erm, £15 or something.

Maybe even sell it on ebay at the end and we're quids in. It's not likely you'll need it again.
Um...isn't that what northwind and myself just offered?