SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

Old 30-01-09, 07:16 PM   #1
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Default Hardy Bikers R-O 2 ; South yorkshire boys arrangements

Right, this is turning into an epic military operation but there's a lot to go wrong. Everyone from Sheffield, chesterfield, donny, Baarnsley and the surrounding areas need to work out a plan of action to the m6 moto service station at 10 am on the 21st. We need to work out where we are all going to initially meet then our route down to the main meet (aware of the learners/125s) and take into consideration a west yorkie group friendly detour.

It's 132 miles to the inn and it's going to be ****ing cold, I dunno bout you lot but the furthest I've ever gone on the SV is Sheffield to nottingham and back which I found okay but I get the feeling this might be a lot tougher specially for the 125 nutters.

I'm in and out of the garage but we could do with a list of all the S.yorks lads and your locations so we can work out the best initial meeting point. I'm guessing as north west of the area will be best. We'll need to exchange phone numbers at some point too, for problems/cancellations/**** weather issues and general crap.
Old 30-01-09, 09:55 PM   #2
orose

Default Re: Hardy Bikers R-O 2 ; South yorkshire boys arrangements

I think its only the 4 of us... NickWilde and his mates are on the north side of Bradford, so they're probably better off with YC and the other West Yorkshire folk.

I reckon that makes it me, thee, greek and your zx6-riding mate if he's still in for it. Because of that, we can press on if we need to (as much as you're comfortable, if you're still running bits in). I'll PM you a suggested route, but it reckons we're on for 2.5hr at normal speeds. If we leave your end of town by 7, we should be comfortably there in time.
Old 30-01-09, 10:02 PM   #3
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Cheers for the response orose (olllie?), I'll give paul (with the zx) a text in the morning. Route suggestion would be very welcome, I've not been on the road too long so not familiar with roads out of the area. 7am sounds dreadful, partly cause it's early partly cause of my fear of ice - anyhoo not a lot we can do; if it's a danger we can wait off for however long's reasonable or car it (hopefully not need to resort to that!). If we are heading out my side of town what are our options, snake is fun but a bit on the trecherous/exposed side of things for 7am mid winter. I'll try and keep the pace up once the bikes on the road I'm going to try and get as much practise in before the Hardy bikers ride so I'm not as annoyingly novice, but if you don't mind bearing in mind I've got a restrictor kit in, a questionable bodgetastic bike and some not so fond memories of bouncing off cars.
Old 30-01-09, 10:49 PM   #4
orose

Revised route for the southern posse: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&so....4422&t=h&z=11

Aim for us is to leave as early as tanks are filled and emptied - don't want to get mixed up with Sheff IAM bike group

As far as riding goes, I've got a week off booked between now and the rideout, so if you want to have someone to ride with, we can go find some decent roads. Theres also the BigDs closing ride, where you can throw some beer tokens in YCs direction
Old 30-01-09, 11:00 PM   #5
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Top man, cheers for that o rose. Is point A mcD's I take it?
Aye I'll see if I can get some time off (redundancies kicking about), sounds good though
What's the bigD's closing ride?
Old 30-01-09, 11:04 PM   #6
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

BiGD's, in Todmorden, is closing 8th Feb. I put up a thread to see if there was anyone interested in coming over....weather permitting.

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=124501

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-09, 11:05 PM   #7
orose

Feb 8th... ah feck it :P
Old 30-01-09, 11:37 PM   #8
ThEGr33k

that route above looks ok. Im not too keen on been on the road that early either

If the weather is a bit dodgy then I think we should go a "safe" route.
Old 30-01-09, 11:40 PM   #9
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEGr33k View Post
that route above looks ok. Im not too keen on been on the road that early either

If the weather is a bit dodgy then I think we should go a "safe" route.
orose is already on it, the link above is plan b (snake was considered) plan c is motorway.
Old 30-01-09, 11:41 PM   #10
ThEGr33k

aye. Coolio. So meet at 7? Jeez, Red bull for me then... Mmmmm McD's breakfast too. Oh yes baby.