SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 19-06-18, 12:38 PM   #5881
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popy Fresco View Post
I returned from the TT Friday the 8th, my ferry arrived at heysham at 23:15 or something like that.

I started driving down and after 2h I started to feel sleepy, so stopped and took a nap as I thought it was the right thing to do. I was more tired than I thought as I didn't heard the alarm and woke up 3h later.
I had a coffee and a mars and kept going to arrive home at 7 am

Today I received a letter containing a fine for being parked for more than 2h at the rest area. 100£, if I knew taking a rest would be so expensive I'd get an hotel room because keep driving with the risk of falling sleep wasn't an option
tell them your circumstances and if they continue to fine you then go to court. you needed a rest and without that rest you could have crashed. after all those "take a break" "dont drive tired" sings are there for a reason.
Bibio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-18, 01:30 PM   #5882
ophic
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
I can see how it stops "travellers"...
It wouldn't.
Old 19-06-18, 05:03 PM   #5883
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

My gripe today is vets bills
Old 19-06-18, 05:14 PM   #5884
Red ones
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
Unfortunately all of the rest areas and motorway services are like this. I actually wandered back down the road once and skimmed through the small print on the warning sign you drive past and cannot possibly read - two hour max or pay or face a fine via ANPR. I can see how it stops "travellers" and freeloaders but an arbitrary time limit seems a bit unfair for someone like yourself that does not need more than forty winks.

The fact the keyring is small is important, especially if you have to drive past it on your way off the motorway. I would argue that the signage terms fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence of the parking charge, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis, which is fully distinguished.

This is all available as a standard letter via websites. Try money saving expert first.

I would also ask the parking company the following " I require the following information with your rejection letter: 1. Please provide dated photos of the signs on site, which you contend formed a contract. 2. Please provide all images taken of this vehicle on that day, at the material location. I will use POPLA (if offered) not the 'IAS' which has been exposed in Parliament as compromised by a conflict of interests with the IPC. The BPA were also heavily criticised and both appeals systems were condemned - hardly surprising for an industry where so-called AOS members admitted in recent years to letting victims 'futilely go through the motions' of appeal and saying on camera 'we make it up sometimes' (BBC Watchdog). Firms of your ilk were unanimously criticised in 2018 as operating an 'outrageous scam' (Hansard 2.2.1. I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and will also be making a formal complaint about your predatory and aggressive conduct to your client landowner, as well as complaining in writing to my MP and ensuring that they are appraised of the debate where Parliament agreed by way of unanimous conclusion: ''we need to crack down on these rogue companies. They are an absolute disgrace to this country. Ordinary motorists...should not have to put up with this''.

This really does work if you have the nerve to do it.
They have slightly spoiled your fun by writing so quickly as that stops you refusing to name the driver under the Protection of Freedom Act.
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-18, 05:18 PM   #5885
Red ones
Mega Poster

My gripe is the transit driver who did a coffee bean fist shake at me just because I filtered past him.

No point, no reason, no brain. If he wanted me to behave like a tosser I could have ripped his mirror off.
Old 19-06-18, 05:31 PM   #5886
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popy Fresco View Post
I returned from the TT Friday the 8th, my ferry arrived at heysham at 23:15 or something like that.

I started driving down and after 2h I started to feel sleepy, so stopped and took a nap as I thought it was the right thing to do. I was more tired than I thought as I didn't heard the alarm and woke up 3h later.
I had a coffee and a mars and kept going to arrive home at 7 am

Today I received a letter containing a fine for being parked for more than 2h at the rest area. 100£, if I knew taking a rest would be so expensive I'd get an hotel room because keep driving with the risk of falling sleep wasn't an option
I seem to recall Red Herring challenge one of these tickets, as these are designated as 'Rest Areas' he did what you did and had a kip in his camper van. That's the whole point of motorway rest areas, it's for tired drivers.

Let them take you to court.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-18, 05:36 PM   #5887
Red ones
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
EU needs to understand Trump is right (some countries are now waking up from their sleepwalking) and do something to control their uncontrolled tsunami of economic migrants. Norway, Italy, Austria, most EU former Soviet states and Germany the latest to realise, Merkel may well be out before this month ends because of her ill advised 'all welcome' policy. Virtue signalling is fine when it does not result in the destruction of your countries own culture and hard fought values, but otherwise.......... (Sweden is a very good example of wrong-headed thinking).

Maybe Clinton did get a few more votes, but as a percentage it is negligible. Maybe Clinton supporters did not understand what they were voting for (argument often used by anti brexit crowd, but brexit got more votes LOL ).

Look at Italy?
Italy has just announced that all Roma must register with the government. That "unfortunately" they can't deport Italian Roma, but the rest will be sent away.

Now replace "Roma" with "Jews". Ring any bells yet?

US Border Agency took almost 2,500 children from their parents last month. The UN have condemned it. There are now reports the Border Patrol agents told parents their children were being taken to be bathed.

Would it be a surprise if anyone thought of "shower blocks?"

Frightening.
Old 19-06-18, 10:17 PM   #5888
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanannaMan View Post
It's hard to put into words how it feels to live in a country where little children are being locked away in cages because their parents may or may not have committed a misdemeanor crime.
Just as bad is hearing people who support it.

With a global trade war looming with every ally and trade partner we have, it's a sad day to be living in the US.

If only I could win the lottery my first stop after collecting the winnings would be the international terminal at the nearest airport.

The once mighty symbol of freedom to the world is now a global disgrace and on the UN's list of countries with human rights violations.
dont worry you can vote him out in another 3 years and even if he does get in again he can only serve two terms.

dont put all the blame on trump, its the republican party you need to put the blame on. name one recent republican president that has not been a moron.
Old 19-06-18, 10:33 PM   #5889
Red ones
Mega Poster

William Harrison
Old 19-06-18, 10:35 PM   #5890
Bibio
Mega Poster

i said recent... lol