SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 19-11-06, 12:37 PM   #1
kwak zzr

Default hey org members have a look at this.

You know all about that accident i had well i was just looking at some pictures i took on the morning of the accident and this pic in particlair shows the filter lane where WVM would have been, notice a red stop light and a green filter arrow together this is not right surley? anyone an expert on traffic lights?
Old 19-11-06, 12:38 PM   #2
kwak zzr

sorry about the quality of the image it was taken on a mobile.
Old 19-11-06, 12:43 PM   #3
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Theres a set of traffic lights similar setup to that near where I live. Except that the filter light is left pointing instead of right. Confuses the hell out of some people they'll sit there because the light is red but the filter arrow is lit green but they sit there and sit there.

I've seen that kind of setup a few times.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-06, 12:44 PM   #4
Blue_SV650S

I didn’t read up on the accident, but looks to me as if it is green straight on and a red RH turn … nothing unusual about that setup is there?? or am I missing the point??
Old 19-11-06, 12:45 PM   #5
Law

Can you go back and take a closer photo of the traffic lights next to the turn right lane where they're red and green.

My guess is all the greens are for the traffic to go forward and the one with red light is the filter traffic light (it has a blue turn right icon under the green light section) You can not proceed and turn right unless that is green (should be a green right arrow light anyway)
Old 19-11-06, 12:45 PM   #6
Jelster

From the look of that image, the lights on the right have a filter, which was red when you took the picture. I hate these, you can be arriving at the lights and see green but not realise that it's not the light for your lane.

Bloody dangerous IMO, but fairly common practice.

Old 19-11-06, 12:49 PM   #7
jim@55

by the look of it ,the red light is for those turning right (DONT TURN)and the filter goes straight on letting traffic that are going straight ahead go first and then the filter comes on while the traffic coming the other way is stopped (obv) ,did wvm turn in front of you ??if so i bet hes seen the green (for straight ahead only)and turned right when he shouldnt have?is this right ??pic is a bit sketchy so i think that seq is right ?
Old 19-11-06, 12:52 PM   #8
kwak zzr

the light on the furtest right is just for the filter lane, i cant understand why its red and green? it usually goes red, amber, green + filter arrow?
Old 19-11-06, 12:56 PM   #9
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

The ones near to me don't have the amber stage, They go from Red, straigh to green arrow on the filter lane.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-06, 12:57 PM   #10
kwak zzr

but not red and green at the same time?