SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 07-06-23, 04:35 PM   #10971
Kenzie

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Just flicking through the TV channels and QVC have their Christmas Grotto program on. Its only just gone June FFS and they are saying get in early and be prepared for Christmas!

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-23, 05:43 PM   #10972
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzie View Post
Just flicking through the TV channels and QVC have their Christmas Grotto program on. Its only just gone June FFS and they are saying get in early and be prepared for Christmas!

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk
God that ****es me off too.

Sent from my moto g(50) using Tapatalk
Old 07-06-23, 08:17 PM   #10973
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Get in there early and buy all that sh1te you don't need and can't afford.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-23, 03:50 PM   #10974
rowdy

Invoices. I do a lot of work for a local letting agent and some invoices are outstanding from a month to 6 weeks. Going away at the weekend and could do with them being paid! Looking into it I am within my rights to charge them 8% interest and up to £40 for chasing payment, but don’t really want to go down that road.
Silver pointy sk3, tail tidy, single seat cowl, fairing lowers, smoke double bubble screen, carbon hugger and front mudguard, full race M4 system, K&N filter, GSXR1000K2 forks, wheel and discs, GSXR750 calipers, HEL braided lines, TL1000s clip-ons, Gilles rearsets, Chinese cnc levers, led indies.
rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-23, 05:13 PM   #10975
admin
John T
Mega Poster

I wonder if a bit of reverse psychology might work in the future. Automatically factor in a late payment cost into the final bill and then offer a quick payment discount. A bit like parking fines.

Old 12-06-23, 05:59 PM   #10976
rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
I wonder if a bit of reverse psychology might work in the future. Automatically factor in a late payment cost into the final bill and then offer a quick payment discount. A bit like parking fines.

Good idea, hadnt thought of that. Although the letting agent claim it gets paid when the rent is paid every month so should in theory be paid within a months time, sometimes it isn’t.
Silver pointy sk3, tail tidy, single seat cowl, fairing lowers, smoke double bubble screen, carbon hugger and front mudguard, full race M4 system, K&N filter, GSXR1000K2 forks, wheel and discs, GSXR750 calipers, HEL braided lines, TL1000s clip-ons, Gilles rearsets, Chinese cnc levers, led indies.
rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-23, 08:28 PM   #10977
Ruffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdy View Post
Looking into it I am within my rights to charge them 8% interest and up to £40 for chasing payment, but don’t really want to go down that road.
Why not? If you're entitled to it and they have breached contract then they should face the consequences! A contract is an agreement that's meant to work fairly in both directions.

At the very least, I suggest it might be in order to issue a formal reminder letter for the record - 'a shot across the bows' reminder communication about entitlements with a limited waiver applied on this occasion (i.e. unlikely to be repeated). How else will they learn to prioritise what is right to do?

I guess it's because you're concerned you'll not be awarded future work, but if they don't pay then, by default, you're working for free (and even your current admin of spotting the issue and chasing the payments etc. is going uncompensated) so I suggest you might be better off using time to find new, more reliable clients.

As it happens, I am having to battle a similar issue on projects of mine at work. A very frustrating experience and annoys me intensely. Fortunately I work for a substantial large organisation and I have the weight of the 'Construction Act' to help my cause so I can play it quite straight without anxiety about any non-explicit counter behaviours.

So, my GOTD (echoing rowdy): getting paid in line with a contract should never, ever be an issue but it seems to be a growing trend that it's acceptable to try to avoid obligations by creating protracted debates in even clear liability circumstances.
Ruffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-23, 08:17 PM   #10978
daktulos

I dropped something very heavy on my big toe this afternoon. It's not stopped bleeding, and is very painful. Not happy.
daktulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-23, 08:34 PM   #10979
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by daktulos View Post
I dropped something very heavy on my big toe this afternoon. It's not stopped bleeding, and is very painful. Not happy.
Ouch! That's not good. Have you had it checked out? You'll not be running for a while I'd think
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-23, 08:38 PM   #10980
daktulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
Ouch! That's not good. Have you had it checked out? You'll not be running for a while I'd think
It was at an athletics meet (I dropped a jump board insert for anyone who knows) so the medic put a dressing on it. I don't think it's broken, but suffering a bit from being crushed.

Definitely no running for a bit, I just hope I can walk!
daktulos is offline   Reply With Quote