SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 23-04-23, 05:31 PM   #1
Tamsen Cooper

Default Hard luggage wanted for 2002 curvy

Hey all,

I love going camping on my SV, and currently have Oxford sport soft panniers, and use a 60L LOMO dry bag strapped across the top. However, I am keen to head out a bit more this year, and the soft panniers can be a bit of a faff to unstrap and take off.

I am trying to find a way of attaching (and buying) some hard panniers- but as my bike is now 21 years old, it is getting pretty hard to find anything that fits! I would love a racking system and some suggestions on how to make this work. I have a welder, and some metal work experience, so fabrication is an option but need some guidance with designs, I am open to thoughts (or if you have some hard panniers/ top box setup you would be happy to sell, let me know!) thanks.
Tamsen Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-23, 03:59 PM   #2
TamSV
Mega Poster

Default Re: Hard luggage wanted for 2002 curvy

Hepco & Becker make a side carrier for the curvy https://www.hepco-and-becker-luggage...2/650395-00-01

Maybe others too. If you could find something like that, new or second hand, you could adapt pretty much any panniers to fit.

There's also this "universal" solution from Motea which has the curvy on the list of suitable bikes.https://www.motea.uk/bagtecs-set-sb2...SABEgIEzvD_BwE

Price looks good but it comes from Germany so you'd have to pay the VAT to the courier.

If you're not taking a pillion you could go down the tried and tested route of picking up a tatty pillion seat and bolting a top box to it - which I can testify works great. Otherwise you're looking for a luggage/sport rack which will take any top box. You can still find them new or might be able to pick one up online a bit cheaper.
TamSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-23, 09:56 PM   #3
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Hard luggage wanted for 2002 curvy

that bagtecs one Tam linked above is a good deal and if you have a welder you could beef up the framework. add the 60l lomo and your all set.

just a little word of caution, dont load your bike up with too much stuff or the handling gets a bit ermm weird. personally i take as little as pos and have found that i still dont use half the stuff.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote