SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

Old 21-02-05, 10:34 PM   #1
Peter Henry

Default Did you miss me?

To all my fellow northerners,I hope you guys are all ok? I got to thinking of you all when I saw the cold snap on it's way over to you! Had not been on my bike for a couple of weeks but went for a spin to the hills on Sunday.Glorious sunshine,(he shares like a true pain in the ass!)

I am still waiting to test ride the KTM Duke V twin roadster when it arrives here in a couple of weeks.But have to admit my head has been turned...I am fighting against the temptation of.......Ducati 999! I guess it would have to be an"s" as then comes with race kit and real sound exhaust!
140 horses and drop dead gorgeous.But I wont ride it hard,I am buying it only because I have a taste for the exotic,the exclusive,(ah ball*cks Im lying!) Just a couple more deals before end of March and one of those suckers is mine!
How much? yeah I know!
God bless and stay safe!
Old 22-02-05, 09:06 AM   #2
timwilky
Mega Poster

Thought you had gone quiet Peter.

Welcome back, you do know the sun does shine here as well. (Occassionly) but the place is covered in snow at present so SV is parked up in the garage
Old 22-02-05, 03:27 PM   #3
FUBAR

Default hehehe

Yo Peter, good to see you back on the board m8, hope all is well in Spain, you must be fleecing them good time (lol)

catch ya real soon

Old 22-02-05, 03:55 PM   #4
Anonymous

Down in spain you want one of these, you do:

or of it must be a bike like the KTM one of these, meant to be completely mental:

And take out the BMW insurance whish for £10 allows you to insure any second BMW bike, thereby buying both of the above will effect a considerable saving. Theres a flaw in that plan.
Old 22-02-05, 09:39 PM   #5
mrs fud

Default .

Ey up Peter,

Good to hear from you again \/

You keep on enjoying the sunshine while we make snowmen

Can't wait for summer and another trip up to Hartside oh yes the memories

speak soon matey

Jo.
Old 23-02-05, 10:34 PM   #6
Peter Henry

Hey Dr.Rich .....You taken a wrong term somewhere and found yourself among us Northerners? I have not seen that Beemer before but have to say it looks the nuts!
I watched the United game tonight( ) and those flurries of snow made me wince just looking at them!
Now Mrs.Fud mentioned Hartside now then........
Old 24-02-05, 10:05 AM   #7
Cloggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Rich
Is this the new 'Rockster'
Old 24-02-05, 10:07 AM   #8
Anonymous

No Cloggs not really although Im not sure. Its a naked version of the new sports bike. Apparently its unbelievably quick and a series of these will replace the boxer cup.
Old 24-02-05, 10:32 AM   #9
Cloggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Rich
No Cloggs not really although Im not sure. Its a naked version of the new sports bike. Apparently its unbelievably quick and a series of these will replace the boxer cup.
I used to like the Rockster... I like the look of that alot
Old 26-02-05, 09:37 AM   #10
Peter Henry

I second Cloggsy on that...this is a real funky bike.A little quirky(read...different) in the looks but not in a ridiculous way. Reminds me to some degree of the new KTM Duke heading to a showroom near you real soon!. The Duke reads great and I was and still could be very tempted as it sounds perfect for the real world,(i.e for those not trying to imitate Moto Gp/WSB gods on the roads)The big let down for me though is the 80 mile tank range!
However I have an invite to the KTM Day at my local dealers and if I have to take the Duke out for a spin....well alright then! (it is effing gorgeous in black!)