SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 07-03-12, 11:48 AM   #1
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

Default George Whites to re-open as....

www.megamotorcyclestore.co.uk

Auction of bikes on saturday, viewing on Thurs and Fri ...
Bikes for sale listing at above website

Three George White clothing stores will open this weekend under a new name of Mega Motorcycle Store, after a deal was agreed between administrators and a private investor.
Three clothing branches of George White, in Swindon, Bolton and Slough, will reopen under the Mega Motorcycle Store brand on Saturday 10 March and will be managed by former George White staff members.
All of the remaining George White stock that was held by administrators has been bought by Mega Motorcycle Store, with the new retailer aiming to continue “the clothing and accessory bargains for which the Swindon-based dealer was renowned”.
At present, there are no plans to sell new motorcycles although there will be an auction of more than 100 motorcycles that were held by George White before the retailer went under at the Swindon store on the opening day. Models can be viewed online or on viewing days on Thursday 8 March and Friday 9 March.
Former George White director, Steve Gannicott was reported by Visor Down as saying: “It was truly heartbreaking to see George White go under - not just for me but for all the lads and lasses who worked so hard to try and pull things round when trading conditions got so tough. It was the clothing and accessory bargains that really kept the company going when it could no longer offer the generous discounts on new bikes that manufacturers previously allowed.
“This new venture is going to concentrate solely on those clothing and accessory bargains that Britain’s bikers have become accustomed to. It’s really difficult to build a business plan around new bike sales at the moment because there’s so little confidence out there in the market. For now, we’ll concentrate on what we know works best for both the business and, of course, the customers.”
The online store and the motorcycle auction lot is visible on www.megamotorcyclestore.co.uk

....just in case you are interested.

Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-12, 12:03 PM   #2
daveyrach

Default Re: George Whites to re-open as....

I notice 3 SV's and a Gladius on their stock.
Old 07-03-12, 03:22 PM   #3
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Anybody going to the auction?
Anybody fancy bidding on my behalf
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-12, 04:31 PM   #4
Cymraeg_Atodeg

Nice find Scoob
Old 07-03-12, 05:23 PM   #5
Winder

Auction is at Swindon branch?
Old 07-03-12, 05:28 PM   #6
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Apparently open for viewing tomorrow. I feel a lunch time excursion coming on...

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-12, 06:37 PM   #7
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

If you see anything interesting...I'm on the lookout for a cheapy but nice road bike. Lot 35, Lot 70 or Lot 71, Lot 67, Lot 36 is sparking my interest.
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 11:05 PM   #8
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Had a wonder round today...

The bikes are in the old big clothing warehouse complete with keys, so an ideal opportunity to set the alarms off. The Auction starts at 9 o'clock on Saturday and the new clothing store opens then for the first time to. There are about 100 bikes in the auction and there are reserves set. The reserves on some bikes are about what the bikes are worth, others look cheaper. But it depends on what the bidding goes like. For example an '02 SV650 has a £1200 reserve, and thats all its worth; but then there is an '04 Daytona 955 with a £1800 reserve.

Mr Speirs if it pleases you the reserves are as follows: Lot 35 - £600 (I wouldn't unless its a track bike), Lot 70 - £2350 (tidy), Lot 71 - £1800 (tidy), Lot 67 - £1000 (thats all its worth), Lot 36 £3600 (far nicer than Lot 35).

Lot 34 interests me, a £200 reserve on a low mileage GT550 in Red, Rust, and flakey Black, complete with spiders web. I intend to go up there and wipe my nose at the wrong time...

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 11:54 PM   #9
_Stretchie_
Large Member
Mega Poster

Ahhh pooh, I have room for one more bike I suppose
; )

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Look right-> <-Look Left
_Stretchie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-12, 11:56 AM   #10
-scott-

Before they shut down i was looking at helmets from there and they had a sale on, just looked at the prices now they have re opened and the prices are exactly the same! Some stuff might be cheap but i think alot of it can be bought for the same prices anywhere!