SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

View Poll Results: Which design of sticker?
Sticker 1 68 15.35%
Sticker 2 69 15.58%
Sticker 3 306 69.07%
Voters: 443. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-07, 11:32 AM   #81
John 675

Exclamation Re: SV .org Sticker design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester666 View Post
Any updates on the stickers?
dont reckon its going to happen mate IMHO
Old 07-08-07, 04:37 PM   #82
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Default Re: SV .org Sticker design

I'm still waiting for Julian my suppier to reply. I've asked him about some bodywork stickers too.

I'll give him a chase.
Old 23-08-07, 09:36 PM   #83
scWirral

I have been trying to redraw the site logo as lines so that it could be cut out using a Vinyl cutter:

The top image (red black) I have included to show how it could be cut and presented using two colours of vinyl. The bottom image is just the lines.

Does anyone have access to a vinyl cutter, or a contact who could get a price for these if people wanted them?

Otherwise, I will contact one of the peeps who advertise vinyl stickers on Ebay and see if they can give me a price. How big / what colours do people want, or should I just share the file so that members can specify colours and size themselves?

Let me know what you think. If someone would like to run some sort of pole then I would be very happy to respond. I am away over the holiday weekend.

Cheers

Simon
Old 23-08-07, 09:47 PM   #84
hovis

looks ok, but its the pointy stlye of writting, i dont know if it will look right on a curvy, or a honda
Old 23-08-07, 10:01 PM   #85
scWirral

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post
looks ok, but its the pointy stlye of writting, i dont know if it will look right on a curvy, or a honda
I will have a go at using the curvy font as an alternative. I think that the best thing then would be to share the files so that people who want a particular colour way / size can sort themselves out. I think it is impossible for anyone to please everyone!
Old 24-08-07, 12:13 AM   #86
KnightRider
Mega Poster

Looks good and thanks for all your hard work. I realise this has been mentioned a couple of times, but if we are going to use the SV logo and put ".org" at the end of it then why cant we just get some ".org" stickers made up to put next to the original badge of the curvy/pointy?

Maybe others want the logo in there as well (?), in which case I will just be quite and cut off the rest of the sticker as I am not sure that I would want another SV logo on my bike!

CBR600RR7

Link to map of TV members...if your not on the map then PM me. My facebook profile
KnightRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-07, 07:34 AM   #87
plowsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scWirral View Post
I think it is impossible for anyone to please everyone!
Even Jade Goody?
Old 24-08-07, 07:38 AM   #88
Keith1983

I'd definitely have some of the black and red ones off ya mate look great. Im sure everyone appreciates the time and effort put in, even those with the less constructive criticism than others!
Old 24-08-07, 07:44 AM   #89
plowsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith1983 View Post
I'd definitely have some of the black and red ones off ya mate look great. Im sure everyone appreciates the time and effort put in, even those with the less constructive criticism than others!
Like me???????
Old 24-08-07, 09:23 AM   #90
Gordon B

I was on with this but then had to give it up due to other commitments. What I did find out was that it is impossible to please everyone and coming up with a compromise was very difficult.

I did have a design which seemed to suit the majority (see first post and poll) but my printer let me down and I then didn't have time to carry on.

Good Luck with it, there seems to be quite alot of interest in having a .org sticker, but I think realistically we need someone who does design and printing for a living and has access to the proper machinery before it will take off.

Gordon