SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 09-07-08, 02:36 PM   #1
scottjames

Default screen grommets

do they go through to the out side of the fairing? cos mine are sitting top of the fairing (by the side light) through the screen in to the bolt.

so when i take the screen out i have to put the gromet throught the screen then slide the screen behind the fairing, then the only way i can get it to fit is to pull the wing of the gromet though the faining hole and sit it on top of the fairing under the head of the bolt. is this right? ? ?

tht was how i got it when i brought i but it doesnt seem like the right way to do it to me?
Old 09-07-08, 02:44 PM   #2
Grinch

Default Re: screen gromets

No its not right as they should sit behind the fairing, though its far eaiser to do what you said. Mine are the same, maybe when I take the nose cone off to clean the front I might sort it out, at the moment I can be bothered.
Old 09-07-08, 05:48 PM   #3
scottjames

Default Re: screen gromets

also in the pics in my haynes manual it shows the gromets on top of the fairing. i dont know how else they would go ?
Old 10-07-08, 04:50 PM   #4
Dangerous Dave

Default Re: screen grommets

They should fit below the fairing, seems many bikes come from the dealers with them fiited on the outside but this is incorrect.