SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 01-05-07, 10:34 AM   #1
cuffy

Default Rockingham 6th May

Anyone going?
I've just had a call come through from No limits saying they had a cancellation so i'm now booked in for my 1st track day

Looking forward to it but also bricking myself

So if anyones in the vicinity and wants to see someone wobble round on a triumph come n ave a looksy

Any tips?? apart from "dont fall off"
Old 06-05-07, 10:18 PM   #2
cuffy

Default Re: Rockingham 6th May

Well i done it with out falling off
Never had so much fun in all my life, Hope to post some pics soon......oooh i'm all excited still
Old 07-05-07, 12:38 AM   #3
weazelz

glad you enjoyed it, Rockingham's a great circuit. got your next one booked yet?
Old 07-05-07, 07:53 PM   #4
cuffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by weazelz View Post
glad you enjoyed it, Rockingham's a great circuit. got your next one booked yet?
Got 2 in mind, Mallory and Anglesy.

Loved Rockingham some absolutely cracking corners, the chicane followed by the right hander did leave me crapping myself a few times due to carrying too much speed but the double apex right after that was just....wow!
And the hairpin done most of my overtaking their

People have said that doing a track day will improve your road riding but i could never see how !
But on the ride home i was taking corners that i've ridden before in an over exaggerated manner so fluent and easy, you realise how much confidence you can get out of your bike and tyres ( conti road attack supersports) get a mahoosive thumbs up from me.
The No Limits guys were very good in giving out tips too. My right side of the tyre was getting pretty torn up but the left was barely untouched, the instructor told me "your just holding a constant throttle through the left hand section"....."give it some berries after the first apex and the left will scrub up like the right"
So off i went and bugger me he was right

I've now officially caught the trackday bug

Last edited by cuffy; 07-05-07 at 08:00 PM.
Old 07-05-07, 08:03 PM   #5
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuffy View Post
Got 2 in mind, Mallory and Anglesy.

Loved Rockingham some absolutely cracking corners, the chicane followed by the right hander did leave me crapping myself a few times due to carrying too much speed but the double apex right after that was just....wow!
And the hairpin done most of my overtaking their

People have said that doing a track day will improve your road riding but i could never see how !
But on the ride home i was taking corners that i've ridden before in an over exaggerated manner so fluent and easy, you realise how much confidence you can get out of your bike and tyres ( conti road attack supersports) get a mahoosive thumbs up from me.
The No Limits guys were very good in giving out tips too. My right side of the tyre was getting pretty torn up but the left was barely untouched, the instructor told me "your just holding a constant throttle through the left hand section"....."give it some berries after the first apex and the left will scrub up like the right"
So off i went and bugger me he was right

I've now officially caught the trackday bug
Old 07-05-07, 08:47 PM   #6
weazelz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuffy View Post
The No Limits guys were very good in giving out tips too...
I like them for that - they have the best instruction that I've had from any of the trackday companies. I did Mallory with them a while back & got "you're doing pretty well, but you're absolutely 5h1t3 out of the bus-stop/devil's elbow" & the proceeded to tell & show me what I needed to do actually, that doesn't sound good, but it was done jokily & constructively
Old 08-05-07, 05:55 PM   #7
Tim in Belgium

Couple of people from here are doing Mallory on the 26th if you're interested:

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=87132