SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 03-06-09, 02:28 PM   #21
Jamiebridges123

Default Re: Rear tyre blow out...

Sorry to hear that, but yeah as you said good thing it didn't let go completely
Old 03-06-09, 04:11 PM   #22
Tallguy

Default Re: Rear tyre blow out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedsmatt7 View Post
ATC, respect to you sir.

Sounds like you have been quite fortunate for it to rapid deflate then change its mind. I know what you mean about the wobble though I described it as having your rear axle removed all of a sudden the rear wheel just seems intent on going the opposite direction to what you want it to.

Bugs me when pillions gets like that, slightly too enthusiastic so on approach to a bend they chuck themselfs down. I prefer the ones who just keep inline the bike they're more predictable.
Thank you, thank you...

It was a little bizarre, I was expecting it to really let go and was riding really slowly the short distance to the office, but it helped me out until we arrived then pffffft air all gone. IT'S SO HARD TO PUSH A BIKE WITH A FLAT TYRE, I didn't realise!

Next new pillion will be briefed "Don't lean, stay upright, and for God's sake don't lean the *opposite* way!".