SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Stuff Wanted Looking for SV bits, nothing in For Sale? Place a plea here.

Old 30-12-05, 07:19 AM   #1
fraser01

Default Rear brake lever and front right indicator needed for K4

Well i thought i had been blessed with perfect riding skills

Well that was until i hit sheet ice coming up to a roundabout and had a low speed spill...

the result.. snapped rear brake lever, smashed front right indicator, bent bar end, bent fairing bump stop (did its job but the look of it) and that was about it... oh not forgetting my pride lol.

So any suggestions as to where i can pick some of these items up, if i remember correctly they are quite pricy from the dealer.

Regards

Fraser01
Old 30-12-05, 10:05 AM   #2
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

You plum!

Depends if you want OEM stuff or aftermarket.

Mini indicators are £14 per pair. (I know this from recent experience). The ones I got are E-marked, bright and don't need auxiliary resistors fitted to slow the flash rate.

Aftermarket bar ends are about the same price, £14 - £15.

OEM brake levers are really expensive for what they are. Made from monkey metal. I got an aftermarket one made by MFW. See here: http://www.mfw-wolf.de/en/bremshebel.shtml M&P distribute them in the UK. www.mandp.co.uk. Similar price (if not cheaper), but a lot better made and uses rose joints for the master cylinder actuator. Not sure if they make them for the pointy, but I got one for my curvey.

Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-05, 10:21 AM   #3
fraser01

Cheers for that Scoobs, i will have a closer look at those sites. I was on my way to Warsash and none of the roads round the back are gritted... as i came down a gentle slope approaching the roundabout i was probably only doing about 6 mph, the back end started sliding around, i counter steered and then lost the front end, so dispite my efforts i decided to bin it before i ended up on the roundabout and probably under the other cars that were sliding all over the place.

Fraser
Old 30-12-05, 12:41 PM   #4
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

When I did the same last year I drilled the brake lever and tapped it then put a bolt through with a bit of rubber over it.This was meant as a temp tide me over thing but I found I liked the feel of it and have left it ever since.
Old 30-12-05, 07:04 PM   #5
nuntius

I did the same last friday, but my rear brake lever bent rather than broke, and i was able to bend it back into shape perfectly.

A new one ia bout £40 from suzuki