SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 08-09-09, 08:11 AM   #1
suzsv650

Default 911 TV program

Who watched the 911 Program Last night. Channel 4 9:00?

Very moving. Although I have a slightly sceptical view on the situation after some research.
Old 08-09-09, 08:22 AM   #2
Dicky Ticker

Default Re: 911 TV program

Porsche---------------disappointed
Old 08-09-09, 08:34 AM   #3

I caught a few minutes of this, however I am more interested in the technical side of the disaster than the emotive side.

I do question how many times we need to see the panic and fear and distress of the event on tv, afterall there is enough in the world every day as it is, it was extremely sad and I hope it never happens again.
Old 08-09-09, 09:07 AM   #4
Alpinestarhero

The events that took place on the 9th september 2001 will always, for me, be the moment I woke up to the wider world and made observations that some truely aweful people exist and the world is a big, bad place. I remain somewhat haunted by images of people jumping out of the trade towers in some sort of desperate attempt to maybe save their life.

And as bad as former president bush has been throughout his 2 terms, through this particular time he was actually quite good. He must have felt so aweful upon receiving the news when he was sitting in the class full of children, kids young enough to maybe not even understand if he had told them. What kids have to grow up and face eh
Old 08-09-09, 09:11 AM   #5
Owenski

SKY+'D it. As the most significant single event in modern history and with media the way it is its understandable that every year somethings are going to be shown on the telly box. 11.09.11 will be an epic year as it'll be the 10th aniversary.

What was the context of the show? Was it personal accounts and footage? I''ve been told it was similar to an episode of 24 but Im not so sure what thats meant to mean.
Old 08-09-09, 09:31 AM   #6
flymo
Mega Poster

yeah, pretty scary. I saw it all live as it happened on the plasma screens at work. I was in a meeting with a supplier and I simply had to stop him talking to say "What the f***!".

I have colleages very close to the area which was worrying and I was there to see ground zero for myself fairly soon after the roads were eventually reopened, it really defies belief when you consider just how big those buildings were.

One interesting side effect for our company was that the backup data center for Nasdaq was 500 meters away from our North American IT support HQ and access to it was simply blocked by the military.
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-09, 11:20 AM   #7
madness

I didn't see this programme, so don't know what aspect of 9/11 it was about. I remember seeing a programme a few years ago that put forward a theory that the towers were 'professionally demolished' and it was all part of a large conspiricy. It was very interesting and compelling.
Old 08-09-09, 11:25 AM   #8
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Yeah I watched the program. Thought it was very good. Was better than the Sunday one which had too much talking retrospectively about what happened. This was just 102 mintues of footage from different people who were there. It was like seeing it through peoples eyes. Brilliant.

Conspiracy's eh? Don't get me started
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-09, 12:29 PM   #9
Owenski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Speirs View Post
Conspiracy's eh? Don't get me started
Far far far far far too many people have ideas about what really happened, as the most significant single moment in recent history I watched and read every article I could find relating to 9/11 (hence sky+'ing something so morbid).

Ive seen a lot of the first hand footage, the thing most striking I ever saw was a bit of footage with the dust cloud it was like something out of a horror film, it hit with a roar and then there was just silence inside it. Shortly followed by loads of screaming and blind panic really really eye opening when genuine terror is caught on camera like that.
Old 08-09-09, 12:29 PM   #10
flymo
Mega Poster

yeah, total borrocks. it just so happened that there were a bunch of terrorists planning to fly planes into the towers on the very same day that they were demolished.
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote