SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 21-10-13, 07:30 PM   #1
JGSV650S

Default Which emulators?

I am looking the correct emulator kit, can anyone tell me if this is the right one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tchlink:top:en

Thanks
Old 21-10-13, 07:32 PM   #2
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Do i have the correct item?

have a search on the forum and you will find the right item.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-13, 07:32 PM   #3
JGSV650S

Default Re: Do i have the correct item?

Ignore that, posted wrong page.

Cheers
Old 22-10-13, 08:50 AM   #4
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Default Re: Which emulators?

they're a bit pricey, search for the debrix ones there are plenty threads about
Old 11-11-13, 02:17 PM   #5
The Black Grouse

I will be ordering DEBRIX EMULATORS

http://www.debrix.com/41mm-Fork-Damp...t.htm?CartID=1

I will order them on the 30th November.

let me know if you are interested...

More peeps = bigger discount!

[Rods being modified for the Emu's by YC (cheers)]

Kenny
Old 29-11-13, 11:50 PM   #6
The Black Grouse

myself
prisspringle
Disco
Bigshotpie
TicklinJock
Redmist
Chris SVK3
Mickrobbomw
Minty101
Jonnydipstick
Skippy and finally
Muzikill

Will soon be (once I've had confirms via PM) in possession of a pair of Debrix Emulators for a mere £30 delivered!

http://www.debrix.com/41mm-Fork-Damp...24-0361-vt.htm

You might be able to get in on this and further our discount if you are very very quick, need to know within hours please!

kind regards

Kenny
Old 08-12-13, 12:56 PM   #7
The Black Grouse

Update, the emulators are ordered and sadly I still await a couple of confirms as well as a couple of people backed out.
So I now have (potentially) 4 sets of these emulators available. Anybody want these (cost £30) then please PM me!

Cheers

K
Old 09-12-13, 06:40 PM   #8
JulesW

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Grouse View Post
Update, the emulators are ordered and sadly I still await a couple of confirms as well as a couple of people backed out.
So I now have (potentially) 4 sets of these emulators available. Anybody want these (cost £30) then please PM me!

Cheers

K
How do these emulators work, and how they improve the bike. I'm interested in improving my bike but need to know more about this.
Old 09-12-13, 08:17 PM   #9
The Black Grouse

Quoted response from Bibio:
QUOTE=Bibio;2912156]depends on how long you plan on keeping the bike. how you ride and if you do track days. what weight you are.

there is no point doing one end and not the other.

GSXR front ends are getting rather expensive so if you want bling bling radial then you will be spending a fair few pennies £500+, if on the other hand you just want better handling then the GSXR 600 K1-3 RWU £350+ would be a looot cheaper to do. depending on your weight your still looking a possibly upgrading the front springs no matter what route you take. if you go the GSXR 600 K1-3 RWU you will more than likely break even once you sell your SV front end.

emulator and springs are the cheapest option £160+ but not the best, yes its fairly good but not as good as full cartridge.

This is an option I need more info on. I'm not sure exactly what is all involved in an emulator and spring upgrade but I assume you mean upgrade springs but tailored to my weight albeit still not much adjustment (as my own forks don't have that?) erm what's the emulators for?

oohhh the emulators control the compression of the forks under 'slow' chassis movement such as braking. the 'popper' in the emulators open when hitting bumps and that is what you have to adjust to get it right.

rebound is controlled by oil viscosity. in an ideal world you want to push down on the front end then let it rise by it's self and come to a stop at 'rest level', if the yoke rises and go past the 'rest level' you need to make the oil heavier. what your looking for is the yoke to come up and stay at the 'rest level' with no 'overshoot' but not so much as to slow the fork movement down too much or you end up with 'packing down' under very bumpy roads and braking. this is trial and error to get just right and is different for all riders. the standard forks are like pogo sticks as there is no rebound dampening as to speak of.

the damper rods inside the forks need to have the bottom bleed holes opened up and the rebound bleed holes at the top need welded closed. you then have to have 'rings' made up for the emulators to sit properly at the top of the dampers.

once this is all done you then have forks the 'emulate' cartridge internals.

suspension is all about keeping the tyres on the road at all times and chassis movement to a minimum. if your bike is bouncing about then your tyres are not in contact with the road or your bike is not settled quick enough for cornering.

As I have said before, Bibio and Yorkie Chris are a wealth of information on this subject. There are many discussions about front end.

I've still got Emulators going so if you want a set just Pm me!

Kenny