SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 19-05-11, 11:32 AM   #1
sv robbo

Default riders4research track day @ Snetterton Thursday 18th August

All profits raised from this event go to Cancer Research UK.

Brief reason why! 6 years ago at the age of 24 I was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer to my neck & nose. Had to endure a tough course of chemotherapy & radiotherapy which made me rather ill at the time & was a bit close to the dark side for my liking. As the consultant said, we have a problem & need to act fast, it’s all or nothing I’m afraid. At the time, getting out of bed was a struggle let alone the thought of throwing my leg over a bike again. Anyway 6 years later I’m still here, got a wonderful family behind me & am riding bikes again. The hardest part for me over the last 6 years apart fighting this disease myself, was losing my mum on 30th November last year at the age of 56 after a 7 year battle with breast cancer.

I’ve been running riders4research events raising money for Cancer Research UK in the on & off-road world for the last few years, but for obvious reasons this year’s event means a little more to me. It’s something I organise by myself in my spare time for fun. Don’t make a penny out of it, it’s just my way of thanking & giving a little something back to those that helped me & tried to help my mum. It’s not going to change the world or find a cure for this awful disease but hopefully the money we raise can then go on to help others now & in the future.

Ok guys, so here it is:

With the help & support of Easy Track, we are holding a track day at the new Snetterton 300 circuit in Norfolk on Thursday 18th August 2011. There will be 3 levels catered for, novice, intermediate & advanced. Dependant on the level of riders booked, will determine whether there are 2 or 3 groups run in total on the day. It will only cost £115 per person & space is limited for the event.

It doesn’t matter whether you’re old or young, thin or fat, straight or gay etc... Easy Track cater for the absolute novice right up to the seasoned pro so if it’s your first or 100th track day, it’s all about having fun in a safe environment ultimately raising money for a great cause. The event is open to any rider on any make bike in road or track trim. So spread the word to your friends & tell everyone you know. Easy Track have set up an exclusive booking page for this event, so to book your space simply visit http://www.easytrack.co.uk/article/r4r

Thanks in advance for all your support, Robbo
Old 19-05-11, 12:59 PM   #2
SUPERSTARDJ01

Default Re: riders4research track day @ Snetterton Thursday 18th August

I posted this a while ago Rob, I think people are put off by the Aprilia bit, just want to stress that you DO NOT need an Aprilia to join us at Snetterton, it's for a really good charity and all of us know someone that's been hit with this devistating illness, so don't be tight book the day off work and book on to this event novice, intermediate or expert.
Old 19-05-11, 01:09 PM   #3
sv robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERSTARDJ01 View Post
I posted this a while ago Rob, I think people are put off by the Aprilia bit, just want to stress that you DO NOT need an Aprilia to join us at Snetterton, it's for a really good charity and all of us know someone that's been hit with this devistating illness, so don't be tight book the day off work and book on to this event novice, intermediate or expert.
Christ, you get about, lol. Noticed Russ on here to!

Event is open to all riders on any make or model bike. I need a full day to make any profit to donate to Cancer Research UK. Will be a cracking day & as you say, doubt many would need much encouragement to take a day off work
Old 19-05-11, 01:20 PM   #4
SUPERSTARDJ01

I've also posted and will re-post on mcnninjas and triple-b.
Old 20-05-11, 07:36 PM   #5
sv robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERSTARDJ01 View Post
I've also posted and will re-post on mcnninjas and triple-b.
Cheers dude, much appreciated.

The day will only work with the support of you guys, the riders, so come on lads, all for a great cause & what better reason to get out on track!
Old 21-05-11, 12:45 PM   #6
svrich

I'll be on Summer Holidays then so I may well bw able to get on this one. I've been itching to get round the new circuit. Maybe an EAR group can get together?
Old 22-05-11, 03:56 PM   #7
skidmarx

I love the old Snetterton, a fabulous track and would really like to see what's happened to it. I'm on holiday that date, but I have another possible bike trip plus a messy speeding prosecution pending so wont no until that clears. But a great cause, if there's any chance of a last minute.com booking I'll be there. Any idea of how it's filling up?
Old 23-05-11, 09:11 AM   #8
SUPERSTARDJ01

Bump
Old 31-05-11, 10:36 AM   #9
sv robbo

Bumpty bump. Cheers for the support so far guys but still got myself a lot of places to fill