SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 02-09-07, 09:14 PM   #1
Blue_SV650S

Default More Blue_ on his Kart :)

From the weekend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLUHo_2RnR8
And another one:-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-4tnPOzIbo
Final part of the trilogy!! This one has the camera rear facing ... boy was I getting overseer!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq1_KheaiBk

A bit dryer than last time!! (Video at the same place, but from a few weeks ago ... it was wet wet wet!!! )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHWV1PE-ibk

I have just had my main engine rebuilt and it is being real problematic ... so I am actually back to my original one ... I have no idea how long it has left, but at the mo she is running like a minx!!

Last edited by Blue_SV650S; 02-09-07 at 11:00 PM.
Old 03-09-07, 03:18 PM   #2
Blue_SV650S

Default Re: More Blue_ on his Kart :)

No replies ... are none of you petrol heads and like anything that goes??!?!? or is the footage really that lame?
Old 03-09-07, 05:41 PM   #3
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

blue your actually pretty good at this, when you going in for the championships ETC

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-07, 06:37 PM   #4
Warthog

I noticed there were no responses. It's mainly cos I couldn't think of anything to say. The only thing that pops into my head other than "he's pretty damn good at racing in general" is "how the f*** does he afford to have all this fun?".
Old 03-09-07, 06:48 PM   #5
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideboy View Post
blue your actually pretty good at this, when you going in for the championships ETC
My kart is about 15-20yrs old, there isn't actually a class that exists any more that I could race my kart in!!! Saying that I think they have a 'run anything' class at Matchams, but that hardly seems fair ...

So it'd mean a new kart ... to be honest I have been thinking about that anyway, as ... well mine is always breaking down and I am now throwing serious money at it to try and keep it rolling and to no great effect ...

But I am not sure I want to race karts anyway ... from my bike days I take racing far too seriously and putting pressure on yourself to perform totally takes the 'fun' out of it!!

I see you are Southampton, Forest Edge is near Andover, so not far form you, I'll let you know next time I go Karting and you can come have a watch ... more importantly you can come push!!!
Old 03-09-07, 07:03 PM   #6
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
I noticed there were no responses. It's mainly cos I couldn't think of anything to say. The only thing that pops into my head other than "he's pretty damn good at racing in general" is "how the f*** does he afford to have all this fun?".
The kart only cost me £250!!! (ok, ok, so I have spent many times that on karting since but it really is ‘bottom end’ stuff I have got!!)

I am not a rich man, therefore always have to do stuff ‘bottom end’ … I only direct money at stuff where it is important … you will never see my kart/bike with a decent spray job … you will never see me turn up in a massive transporter … you will never see me buying a round down the bar!! … Stuff like that!

I am like that with everything I do ... I only direct money at things that are important to me … no frills – no spills - if I can find a more cost effective/logical way of doing something I will!! I just try and make the best of what I have - minimum wastage!!
Old 03-09-07, 07:06 PM   #7
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

well only if you let me have ago, u used to have a peddle on you know

nah seriously would came and watch work permitting, but i couldn't push it would bankrupt you

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Old 03-09-07, 07:12 PM   #8
Blue_SV650S

Quote:

nah seriously would came and watch work permitting, but i couldn't push it would bankrupt you
FE is always run on a Sat (or do you work weekends?)

Pushing would bankrupt me?!?!!? Am I missing something!?!?
Old 03-09-07, 09:07 PM   #9
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

some times i work away doing shop fitting at week ends i make more money

and you would be bankrupt because i charge so much

edit will rephrase the post just saw how mixed up i looked

was ment to say "well only if you let me have ago, i used to have a pedle one you know"

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis

Last edited by Wideboy; 03-09-07 at 09:16 PM.
Old 04-09-07, 08:35 AM   #10
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
I'll give you 1p per push!! … It’s a good workout … perhaps I should charge you to push me!?!?

I can't really let you 'have a go' as you have to have signed on (and paid) to be allowed out on track. They check you have wristbands (issued at sign on). But I can guarantee after seeing these things in action you will be on eBay finding your own