SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 23-12-11, 04:40 PM   #71
pookie

Default Re: Kawasaki ZX-6R

seriously have a look at some m star boots as the raise you by 1 inch. +1 on the gsxr being lower have had them side by side against my zx6r. I did also stick a gel insert in my seat http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.p...highlight=seat . Funnily i'm also 5ft 6
Now - 2010 Triton blue sv650s -Back to the future
pookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-11, 04:50 PM   #72
Fizzy Fish

TBH as long as you can get both feet down at least a bit, you should be able to manage with the bike as it is. Riding won't be a problem, the main thing is when you want to manoeuvre the bike backwards and can't use the engine/get enough traction with your feet - and then you either just get off the bike to move it, or plan things carefully so that you don't need to go backwards up slopes, etc (most girls will relate to this!)

IMHO preferable to messing with the bike's suspension.

I'm 5'6'' and haven't had a problem with any of the sports 600s that I've ridden (incl. the 06 Kwak and Gixxer). The DRZ with dirt wheels on is a bit tricky, but with the seat scooped out a bit I can still get both toes down which is enough for riding, and that's quite a bit taller than what you're looking at - so you should be fine without having to change things too much.

Last edited by Fizzy Fish; 23-12-11 at 04:59 PM.
Old 23-12-11, 05:41 PM   #73
metalmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie View Post
seriously have a look at some m star boots as the raise you by 1 inch. +1 on the gsxr being lower have had them side by side against my zx6r. I did also stick a gel insert in my seat http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.p...highlight=seat . Funnily i'm also 5ft 6
Ah kool, where did you get the gel insert from? How much did it lower the seat down by how comfy is it compared to the seat the bike comes with? On reading what you wrote, its a worth while change! I'm not sure how your body is, I have short legs long body.

Oh riding the bike isn't the issue at, in fact thats just fine. As Fizzy Fish said I have problem when I need to go backwards ect. I could also put the bike in backwards into the garage and ride it out. I'll have a look at the boots, as well they are quite expensive thought. I may need to replace at some point next year, so its something to think about.

I'll try modify the seat first, it makes sense to do that before I mess with actual bike its self if that doesn't help then I'll try something else I'll ask then should I need to. As always thanks, you saved me from lots of messing about! If I don't take the diy approach to seat, any ideas on how much a gel seat is for this bike?

Last edited by metalmonkey; 23-12-11 at 05:56 PM.
Old 11-01-12, 09:47 PM   #74
metalmonkey

What is with dealers, alot of them I have come across are just dam rude I really don't get how they run a business!
Old 12-01-12, 05:02 PM   #75
chris8886
Mega Poster

if you're wanting a kwak from a dealer i suggest you come and lloyd coopers in watford. i know it's a bit of a way for you now with where you're living etc, but they're my closest dealer and they've always been happy n friendly with me. give me text or something if you want to come up and go there, as you know i don't have a lot to do at the moment so i'll be happy to show where it is etc.
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-12, 05:05 PM   #76
BBadger

Dealers are always going to be out to make a margin on what they buy and sell.
Therefore keep trolling the adds and youll find the right bike for you at the right price...they do exist.

if not ill ride up down your road and make you jealous!
Old 12-01-12, 05:16 PM   #77
chris8886
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBadger View Post
Therefore keep trolling the adds and youll find the right bike for you at the right price...they do exist.

no you won't! you're at uni!! and you havn't got a zx6r!!
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-12, 05:37 PM   #78
BBadger

i do have a zx6r ill have you know
55 plate in green. but yes stuck at uni =[
Old 12-01-12, 07:37 PM   #79
metalmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBadger View Post

I have a better idea I'll look after it while your away

I found another bike today, gonna have a look soon thought its at a fansty price again though hopefully they will play ball.

Chris I'll give you a shout, thought unless those guys have the right bike not much point in going to the shop. I'm serious thought this one guy seemed annoyed I had the cheek to call him He was like what you want, well I want to buy bike, though clearly I won't be buying from you arrogrant ass. Then another dealer stripped all the extras off the bike, then put the price up cheeky cu*t.
Old 17-01-12, 07:57 PM   #80
Urbanfireblade

When i test rode an '08 Sv650s at my local Suzuki dealer(i ended up buying a new Sv650s from them after) i had to put down a £1000 deposit on my credit card, refunded when i returned with the bike intact(had a 30mins window to test ride as it was end of day-5pm). Is that something you've been faced with test riding Kwaks? Putting down a hefty deposit as well as photo copied driving licence? They already had my '02 1200 Bandit sitting there so i wasn't going anywhere!