SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 18-10-15, 07:49 PM   #1
Steve_God
Mega Poster

Default For Sale: SV650s - K6 - Fully Faired - Metallic Euclase Silver - Fully Faired - 0 Previous Owners - GSXR Forks - Full Race Exhaust + Tuning - Accessories

SV650s - K6 - Metallic Euclase Silver - Fully Faired
0 Previous Owners - I've had it from new since March 2006.
Reason for sale: Just about to buy a new bike (going for a 1200 BMW)
Current Mileage: 31,317

Full album of photos here: https://goo.gl/photos/ceJGcv7pShuHUxRt8

It's been through the wars, but runs sweet as a nut, just has some cosmetic imperfections.
It's also always been stored in a dry garage all its life when at home.

In terms of what's not standard: full GSXR front end, full race system exhaust and air filter, with bespoke ECU remap to suit. Also braided hose, R&G bungs, a selection of seats and luggage stuff, and a load of cosmetic extras. The rear pillion pegs have been custom tweaked to accommodate the twin exhaust.
The exhausts were standard renegades, that were stubbied, and then the engine tuned by http://hilltopmotorcycles.co.uk/ so the fueling is perfect with the freer flowing air filter, and race system exhaust (I was informed after it that although there was no gain in horsepower from the tuning, it gave some extra torque).

It's also recently had a new battery a few months ago (larger than standard), and is tax'd/MOTed till March at present.

In terms of the accidents it's had, one was on a trackday, dropped on RHS, all cosmetic damage, which was tenderly repaired (including making a custom bracket for the fairing from where the radiator isn't 100% square anymore) There's still a small dent in the tank as a memory from the track day.
The second was more brutal, and resulting it being an insurance write-off due to the front forks being bent (car doing a u-turn without indicating). However, gave the perfect opportunity to upgrade the front end to that from a GSXR. It had a lot of TLC, and is functionally perfect, MOTed no problem for many a year since, albeit, with cosmetic scars (cracks/stuff/joins) to show the war wounds from where it's been fibreglass repaired.

For the stuff that comes with it, I may have gone overkill on accessories/mods over the years:
Genuine Suzuki Top Box: £100
Renegade Twin Exhaust Full System (Stubbied - including baffles - Engine has had a Full ECU Remap to suit the stubbied exhausts and air filter): £250
Fabri Tinted DB Screen: £50
Hamicad Fender Eliminater: £50
Bagster Custom Dual Seat: £150
Genuine Suzuki Gel Seat: £100
Rear Seat Cowl: £100
Renntec Sports Rack: £80
Fenda Extenda: £20
HEL Braided Brake Hoses: £100
R&G Crash Bungs: £80
GSXR 750 Front-end: £300
Triumph Daytona 675 Front Brake Master Cylinder/Lever: £70
RedFox Rear Hugger: £60
BMC F.1 Air Filter: £50
Evotech Tank Mount for SatNav / Camera / etc: £25
Scottoiler: £80
Pretty much all the original stuff that the bling replaced (Exhaust, seats, grab rail, etc...)
Rough total for non-standard stuff: £1,665

Given £1,500-2,000 seems to be the ballpark region for the bike, given the non-standard extras, I'd say £2,800 as a finger in the air figure for EVERYTHING that comes with it.
That includes all the original stuff that I've kept over the years when replacing other stuff. If it wasn't broke when I replaced it, I kept it. Even some random stuff like the SV fitting mounts for an ABBA stand, spare oil filters, spark plugs, etc...

Happy to sell bits off separately.
Also happy to consider below asking price if lots of stuff is taken together.
Likewise, if you're just after the bike without the accessories, make me an offer.
SV650s; K6; Metallic Euclase Silver; Fully Faired; Renegade Twin Exhaust Full System (Stubbied); Full ECU Remap; Fabri Tinted DB Screen; Hamicad Fender Eliminater; Bagster Seat/Suzuki Gel Seat; Fenda Extenda; HEL Braided Brake Hoses; R&G Crash Bungs; GSXR Front-end, Triumph Daytona 675 Front Brake Master Cylinder; RedFox Rear Hugger; BMC F.1 Air Filter; Top Box!
Coastal Tours:Great Britain (for Cancer Research) - 3588.2 miles: Completed July 2007. Ireland - 1466 miles: Completed for July 2008

Last edited by Steve_God; 02-11-15 at 05:50 PM.
Steve_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-15, 08:47 PM   #2
curlylee

Default Re: For Sale: SV650s - K6 - Fully Faired - Metallic Euclase Silver - Fully Faired - 0 Previous Owners - Loads of Mods...

i think you might have to sell the bits off as £3k seems a bitover priced even with gsxr front end my 09 with gsxr front end and loads of bits only cost me £1800
curlylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-15, 09:17 PM   #3
L3nny
Mega Poster

Default Re: For Sale: SV650s - K6 - Fully Faired - Metallic Euclase Silver - Fully Faired - 0 Previous Owners - Loads of Mods...

If you fancy selling that chain I saw in the picture I'd be interested as I need a new one, got sprockets as well?
L3nny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-15, 08:35 AM   #4
tom_e

Give it a wash and you'll have a better chance of getting anything for it!
tom_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-15, 08:04 PM   #5
Runako

^^^^

What he said. I can't see past all the crud and scratches to see where that £3k has gone. I would never buy a bike with this appearance, much less for £3k so do yourself a favour and make it a bit more presentable. I know a lot of that is surface dirt, but I had to look again after I saw your price and I still couldn't see more than £1k of bike.

The most valuable parts are the bits you can't see, so the average purchaser won't understand the benefits of a full system. Also the renegade look dented. And glossing over the offs doesn't inspire confidence either.

If you've rebuilt and improved it, why not add this to your description? The impression I get is that the bike as it is was involved in those crashes. But the experienced SV owner that I am suggests to me that you've done a lot of work to get it back on the road.

This comment is meant to be constructive feedback. I hope you either sell it for £3K and tell us all to f**k off. Or you clean it up a bit and get a decent price for it. But you may have to sell off the extras separately to see £3k.
Old 21-10-15, 02:17 PM   #6
Specialone

Just for info, I sold my year old fully faired k7 in 2010 with 4k miles on for £3200.
If I was you, as the others have said, I'd sell the parts separately as you won't get much for them on the bike.

Good luck with the sale whatever you decide
Old 22-10-15, 12:13 PM   #7
tadekk

Any chance you'd sell the suzuki gel seat separately? I like the Bagster one too - does that one block the use of storage under the original pillion seat?
tadekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-15, 10:46 AM   #8
Steve_God
Mega Poster

Cheers for the feedback all.
As mentioned in the post, £3k for everything was a finger in the air figure, happy to accept less, and happy to sell bits off separately too - just went for ease to try and shift things in a job lot.

L3nny: Sorry, the chain is what's on the bike at the moment - photo was to show that it's been up-kept with decent quality parts.

tom_e: Valid point, it does need a good clean - if it doesn't sell quickly, I'll give it a going over and polish with fresh photos, just a case of finding a spare few hours

Runako: Cheers for the feedback on adding more detail on it being re-built and improved on. I probably assume most people know the benefits, but I'll get some more detail about it soon (Given this was my first bike, first time I've sold one, so the constructive feedback is really appreciated!)

tadekk: I was originally hoping to shift it all as a job lot, but given the feedback, looks like it'll be easier to shift the extras separately, so yes, would be happy to sell them on their own.
And the Bagster seat still allows use of the storage under the pillion seat. A It locks into place with the pillion seat lock (alongside a bracket that fits in place under the front seat near the tank), so you can use the key to unlock the seat, and lift the whole unit up to access the storage.
SV650s; K6; Metallic Euclase Silver; Fully Faired; Renegade Twin Exhaust Full System (Stubbied); Full ECU Remap; Fabri Tinted DB Screen; Hamicad Fender Eliminater; Bagster Seat/Suzuki Gel Seat; Fenda Extenda; HEL Braided Brake Hoses; R&G Crash Bungs; GSXR Front-end, Triumph Daytona 675 Front Brake Master Cylinder; RedFox Rear Hugger; BMC F.1 Air Filter; Top Box!
Coastal Tours:Great Britain (for Cancer Research) - 3588.2 miles: Completed July 2007. Ireland - 1466 miles: Completed for July 2008
Steve_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-15, 01:03 PM   #9
AlexAdams

I'm no real concept of the value, but I'd be interested in the top box and pillion seat mount.
Old 23-10-15, 04:18 PM   #10
Fen Tiger

Sorry, this is not on topic of the estimated value of your bike.
I had been thinking of constructing a pillion seat mounted top box arrangement. The one fitted to your bike looks like a Suzuki or aftermarket offering. Does anyone know if or where this adapter can be bought? I think Suzuki may have listed one as an accessory in the past.
Fen Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote