SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Stuff Wanted Looking for SV bits, nothing in For Sale? Place a plea here.

Old 21-08-09, 05:47 PM   #1
buckstone

Default Naked Pointy Wanted

I had a naked pointy that I sold last year, as I wanted to get back into sportsbikes (the grass is always greener, etc, etc). I bought a GSX-R600 K5 brand new on an 08 plate and it goes, handles and stops exactly as you'd expect, ie faster, better and harder than the SV. The strange thing is that I don't find it as much fun as the SV. Not sure why though, thought about it often enough and came up with plenty of reasons, but maybe I'm just getting old !!!!

Anyway, I'm looking to swap back to another naked pointy. I'm looking for the newest, best condition, lowest mileage, best maintained / looked after example I can find. Not too bothered about colour, extras, etc as part of the fun is doing that sort of thing myself. Not interested in faired or curvies (no offence to everyone on here that's got one though !!!!).

Just to complicate things, I'm also looking for someone who fancies a GSX-R themself. As I said, mine is an 05 model registered in August last year and I am the only owner. It's got a full service history and is in great condition. It's done 4,900 miles in the year I've had it (including trips to Skye and MotoGP at Assen). New Avon VP2 Sports tyres were put on just before the Assen trip so there's plenty of life left in them. I've been offered £3,750 as a trade-in for it - against a KTM 690 Supermoto - and I'm thinking that naked SVs tend to come in a bit less than that, so I'd be looking for some cash my way too.

Let me know if you're interested. Or even if you just think I'm being stupid (which has crossed my mind a few times !!!!! ).

Pics of GSX-R -

http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/l...t=GSX-R600.jpg

I'll add more tomorrow - assuming it stops raining ......
buckstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-09, 06:06 PM   #2
FG1

Default Re: Naked Pointy Wanted

Mmmmmmmmmmm

GSXR you say?

Naked Pointy you say?

Mmmmmmmmmmm
Old 21-08-09, 07:01 PM   #3
shonadoll

I'm going to sell my 57 plate naked pointy soon, black, 5 thousand miles. Crash bungs, gel seat, pazzo levers, bellypan, heated grips, Beowulf exhaust.Don't want another Suzuki though, will give you a pm when I do in case you haven't got one yet.
Old 21-08-09, 07:54 PM   #4
Speedy
Mega Poster

Nice bike!!

Know where you're coming from though, I had a K7 GSXR750, bought it new after 2 yrs on a K5 pointy, regretted selling the SV, got bored of the GSXR and it's massive uncomfy-ness, sold it, bought another SV!!!!

It's because it's a Twin.......IL4's, well, they're like ar$eholes.....everyone's got one!!!
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-09, 08:14 PM   #5
FG1

Damn, it's yellow. Otherwise I would have been very interested.
Old 22-08-09, 08:25 AM   #6
buckstone

Thanks for that Shonadoll - let me know (but hopefully I'll have something sorted by then ...).
Old 23-08-09, 01:13 PM   #7
crewmanchris

I have a 2006 K5 in red. 4.5K miles. Yours for £3K ono! I am selling to upgrade to a bigger bike but yours is just out of my pay range.

My bike has (front to back) fenda extender, red renthal bars, R & G bungs, undertray/tail tidy, scoripion street extreme carbon exaust. see pics here.
Old 23-08-09, 01:14 PM   #8
crewmanchris

http://s642.photobucket.com/albums/u...is/SV650%20K5/
Old 25-08-09, 07:51 PM   #9
buckstone

Cheers for that Chris - just the sort of thing I'm looking for. I've now seen a couple of nice options but I might end up selling the Gixer and buying separately.

Couple of (unimaginative) pics so people can appreciate just how yellow it is -

http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/l...CIMG0002-1.jpg

http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/l...CIMG0004-1.jpg

http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/l...CIMG0006-1.jpg
Old 26-08-09, 07:59 AM   #10
crewmanchris

nice bike - Its good in yellow. I am not going for a sports bike as i mainly commute!