SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 18-09-13, 08:29 AM   #11
NedSVS

Default Re: bakfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane1964 View Post
when started from cold the bike backfires 4 or 5 times in the first 30 seconds then is ok and runs fine --- starts with no choke also,,, so seems airs getting in somewere
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane1964 View Post
Done my homework ,,guess i should have looked at replys from other people with more or less the same problem as me, so now know the answer
Hi Shane, can I ask what conclusion you have reached and how you are getting on with a solution? Starting without choke suggests it's running too rich, most commonly sticking choke plungers/cables but possibly dirty air filter. The spark plugs are probably fouled (sooty/wet) but once it has fired (and misfired) enough times the excess fuel burns off the plug and it will run better. This is just a suggestion from my experience but may help.
NedSVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-13, 06:40 PM   #12
shane1964

Default Re: Misfire on cold start - Curvy.

sorry for late reply and also thanks to you for takin the time with your suggestions, because i no nothing of the bikes history will book the bike in at my local bike shop and get filter and plugs changed and ask to check if the choke plungers are ok or sticking will let you no the outcome thanks shame