SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 28-01-05, 03:13 PM   #1
Rob S (Yella)

Default Operation

5th May I am going in for what is hopefully the last OP.

Just thought I'd share that news cos It means I might get a leg that actually works.

But I am quiet sad that I wont be able to do my party trick anymore
Old 28-01-05, 04:21 PM   #2
rictus01
Mega Poster

Hope all goes well for you Rob, any joy on the wrist? or is that as good as it's going to get?

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-05, 04:26 PM   #3
jonboy

All the best Rob, let us know how you get on and if you're in there for more than a couple of days I'm sure you'll get a posse of loud V-twins visiting

Old 28-01-05, 05:14 PM   #4
Jelster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy
All the best Rob, let us know how you get on and if you're in there for more than a couple of days I'm sure you'll get a posse of loud V-twins visiting
And some IL4's no doubt..... Best of luck Rob.

Old 28-01-05, 05:17 PM   #5
Raf

Good luck Rob, keep us informed on how the op goes.
Old 28-01-05, 07:22 PM   #6
K

What are yer having done?
Old 28-01-05, 09:36 PM   #7
Rob S (Yella)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy
Couple of days! More like weeks but I am just around the corner from Soho so no excuses not to visit me.

Quote:
What are yer having done?
ACL, PCL & MDL knee ligaments replaced. 3 ops in one go, should be fun.

Quote:
Hope all goes well for you Rob, any joy on the wrist? or is that as good as it's going to get?
It's as good as it's gonna get, but I doesn't hinder me to much in day to day life. You learn to adapt and use your forearm to open doors & stuff.

Jelster
IlL 4's are more than welcome to visit.

Lets not get carried away, it's 3 months away. I will show my face at Soho before then.
Old 28-01-05, 11:36 PM   #8
K

Wow, are they going to be artificial replacements or are they nicking bits from other joints?

Forgive my gruesome curiousity - 13 year vet of a synthetic ACL replacement me. PCL was touch n go at the time and it was hoped that just the one would tighten up the joint enough to relieve the strain and allow natural healing.

Seemed to have worked - I got full mobility back.

Up until a while ago that is... starting to have a bit of trouble recently, but still, lasted well. Current theory is wear on the replacement rather than PCL finally giving up the ghost, so another Op should hopfully be a long way off.

Good luck n all that. Sounds like a lot to go through at once, but also sounds infinately better than going through it three times.
Old 29-01-05, 06:19 PM   #9
CoolGirl

best wishes, and sorry I haven't seen you for ages.

I take it you'll be at the Middlesex? In which case keep us posted as to where and I'll be along with my usual bunch of grapes and selection of bike magazines to get youy mum tutting at me!
Old 29-01-05, 09:18 PM   #10
Iansv

All the best Rob