SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 26-08-09, 08:51 AM   #1
Daimo

Default My Track evening piccies

All important, but fuzzy..

Hey stuuuuuud

Highlights. Deffo coming round paddock for the first time. As a wippet, I practically lived at Brands due to my old mans racing, so I've been taken out in pace cars, walked, cycled, ran, skateboarded, even been round in a proper racing truck. Never gone round by myself though, and its been a good 15+ years, so coming down Paddock with a wall of tarmac as you hit the bottom and come up towards Druids was immense.

I felt really comfy on the bike. First we had 3 paced laps behind an instructor , then pulled in, and let out for another 5-10 minutes. Came back in thinking I needed more pressure in the front, but decided to leave it. 20 minutes later, its my turn again. Im passing people left right and centre. It is a novice group, but some of these guys were at walking pace. Fair enough, we all got to start somewhere Loved the first 20 minutes, needed more. 20 minutes later, time for another go. No issues or mistakes, round 1 over.

This was my "mad" session. I just nailed it within my control, gently leaving the braking later into Paddock and Druids. I had a race prepped R6 I had a good play with, and also a GSXR600. Best play though was with a little RVF400 Honda, it bloody flew down the straights, and due to being so light, flew round the bends. But I got him and didnĦ't see him again Blowing my own trumpet (me, never?? ) but I was flying Im certain in a higher class I'd have looked a lot slower and lamer, but today, I felt like Rossi Round 2 over, again, no mistakes, happy bunny.

Now I hadn't planned at all to get my knee down on my first track day, but after some advice on my positioning (had my butt too far forwards, needed to slide back a little), we headed out for the 3rd session. I thought I'd ride a little slower this time, and hang off more, get the bike over more. 3-4 laps into it, tap tap, oooooo, was that a touchdown??? Can't look, carry on. My brakings getting later, and mid corner speed vastly improving. Again, touchdown, although one lap as im coming out of clearways onto the start finish straight, im at full chat in 3rd, learnt right over, and the bike had a major slide underneath me. Brown pants for a second, but I stayed on throttle rode through it and into 4th onto the finish straight. It's the only slight mistake I made. I found new levels of grip, and loved how much more confidence you get on track.

Im just awaiting the pro shots, see if there are any worth getting. I've got a little video to make up, but mother wasn't the best on the camera, most of the time missing me, or catching me as I caught traffic into bends (no overtaking round bends due to novice evening), but I'll make one anyway. Next time, tank mounted camera for sure. I don't think I'd embarrass myself with one now

When can I book my next one.

Oh, a few more, i'll post the vids and other shots when they are done.

http://public.fotki.com/DaimoB/gener...ike/page3.html

Last edited by Daimo; 26-08-09 at 08:54 AM.
Old 26-08-09, 10:43 AM   #2
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Default Re: My Track evening piccies

Its a great feeling throwing yourself into paddock for the first time, the susspesion bottoming out at the bottom of it as you look up towards druids. Just magic.
Glad you had an ace time mate and nice work for the kneww down.

How comes you had som many bikes to have a play on? Mates bikes or did you take a support truck with you?
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-09, 01:07 PM   #3
Daimo

Just a wall of tarmac lol.

I've been round brands so many times, just not by myself.

I loved the flip flop coming through McLaren onto clearways, then the long sweeping right.

Had a major moment just opposite the pits under full throttle, bike decided to have a major tyre wobble ha ha.

No other bikes to play with? Just mine, it was plenty enough to see off some bigger machines There were some nice toys down there though.

tbh though, its a novice session, so everyone had to start somewhere. There were a few offs. Hung around to help a poor 20yo who'd stuffed his Factory RSV at Paddock, a bloke on an R1 dropped it, and I had a CB500 go straight on at paddock in front of me
Old 26-08-09, 02:07 PM   #4
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Sorry mate, my mistake i read it wrong. Thought you'd had a go on those other bikes not played with them as fellow riders on track with you.

I'll trump everything you been rounds brands in and on tho.... I did it in my Ice Cream van when i worked there. Race controll guy was none too pleased but hey, i got another silly story under my belt.

Brands is an ace track. Go see Lucas' vid post called SV Tube i think...you'll feel like yuou're back there again
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Old 26-08-09, 02:09 PM   #5
Davies

Great pic!
Old 26-08-09, 04:43 PM   #6
Daimo

Check this sad little mofo out then

Old 26-08-09, 05:43 PM   #7
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

nothing sad about having a huge grin on a trackday. The sad ones are the ones who dont enjoy it like that imho.

First TD i did was Brands last year. From the morning when i woke, the whole ride there and the first couple sessions it rained. And rained a lot.

So my first few laps out i took it really, really easy and basically acted out a little fantasy..... I'd just wont the GP title and was riding about waving to the imaginery crowds who were all in awe of me. A couple of guys who overtook me looked at me well funny as i rode around waving at the scenery but who cares, i didn't know any of them and would never see any of them again
Old 26-08-09, 08:28 PM   #8
Daimo

Indeed, I was Loving it

Video now made too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD2cf8gPxHQ
Old 26-08-09, 08:30 PM   #9
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

aye its not sad, looks like you having a reet larf

cant wait till i can do one

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-09, 08:33 PM   #10
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

i wish i was rich enough to do Brands once a month.

Some decent lines for your first time too.