SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 26-11-06, 09:59 PM   #1
Dicky Ticker

Default Mobile Phone Catastrophes

Taking a lead from Scoobs post----------------------------
I'll start with my own
Traveling in Italy and for anybody who doesn't knows Italian toilets are squat fixtures with a hole which you place your feet either side,not very deep about six inches below the level of your feet
You can probably guess where this is going but I'll tell anyway
Phone in my jeans back pocket when nature gives a call so having dropped my jeans ,done the business and just completing the paperwork I hear "splot",looks down and there is my nice new phone nestling in the steaming mass.I completed the paperwork,hitched my jeans back up and was standing trying to decide the best form of retrieval or whether I even wanted to retrieve it
God decides for me----Three toilets in a row and the geezer in the cubicle next door flushes his ,said toilets are all connected in a linked flow discharge----Woosh------phone gone

Moral and lesson learned,-----never use Italian toilets with your phone or wallet in your back pocket
Old 26-11-06, 10:10 PM   #2
Essex of Essex

I left a company telephone in the front Lavatory on a Boeing 737 when I got on board because it was plugged into the charger, on arrival at destination I asked for it to be passed forward, no sign of it and the cable from the charger is dangling in the pan. 2 rubber gloves on and we start the search up to the elbow in aircraft lavatory

Not a surprise but it wouldn't turn on, washed it down with water and left it in the sink to dry out, reported it to head office and arranged for a replacement and went home to bed. The following evening I report to operate the same flight and find the inbound Captain talking on the phone, solid bits of kit these Nokia phones
Essex of Essex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-06, 10:13 PM   #3
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Well **** happens when you lose your ring tone.
Old 26-11-06, 10:36 PM   #4
Paws

Ive killed 3 phones,all in water!
One down the loo
One in the washing machine
and one got knocked into a glass of water.
Old 26-11-06, 11:11 PM   #5
ArtyLady

Default Re: Mobile Phone Catastrophes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicky Ticker
Taking a lead from Scoobs post----------------------------
I'll start with my own
Traveling in Italy and for anybody who doesn't knows Italian toilets are squat fixtures with a hole which you place your feet either side,not very deep about six inches below the level of your feet
You can probably guess where this is going but I'll tell anyway
Phone in my jeans back pocket when nature gives a call so having dropped my jeans ,done the business and just completing the paperwork I hear "splot",looks down and there is my nice new phone nestling in the steaming mass.I completed the paperwork,hitched my jeans back up and was standing trying to decide the best form of retrieval or whether I even wanted to retrieve it
God decides for me----Three toilets in a row and the geezer in the cubicle next door flushes his ,said toilets are all connected in a linked flow discharge----Woosh------phone gone

Moral and lesson learned,-----never use Italian toilets with your phone or wallet in your back pocket
Eeeeeewwwwwww gross

Glad you didnt wait for the xmas dinner to tell us that little gem
Old 26-11-06, 11:17 PM   #6
Iansv

Got one soaked in an outer pocket once, but they're masters of the art at work...

One woman has dropped 3 down her toilet, you'd think she'd learn after the 2nd
On top of car and driven away
Run over
Swimming Pool
Dropped down Lift Shaft

Many others I can't even remember now